pypes xpipe for long tubes

Fosters

forum member
Reaction score
Why is this thing so expensive? 330-340 bucks for an xpipe? It doesn't look much different than the one for factory cats... and that's 150 bucks.

Are the longtube connectors in the same spot as the factory cats end? aka could one add the collector ends to the 150 dollar pipe to mate to the long tubes?

I just picked up the pypes LTs from AM, which are on sale (shameless plug) - great deal. It seems they are much more complex than the x pipe, and were only 175 bucks more... Something doesn't add up. Opinions? Any other brands LT x pipes that may fit and be cheaper?

o2sys

forum member
Reaction score
I have a used Pypes x-pipe and part of the offroad legs that normally go to the stock headers cut up if you're interested.

I cut the off road legs in an attempt to fit some high flow cats and never finished.

46addict

Reaction score
If you can't find anything used around here it may be cheaper for you to have an exhaust shop fab one up.

Fosters

forum member
Reaction score
beefcake ended up getting a sale on it; so I had AM price match it and apply the forum discount to it to get it a bit under. It's still a crazy price, but much more livable with. I agree at 340 bucks it would likely be easier to have an exhaust shop fab something that fits perfectly - I installed a pypes x pipe (for the stock manifolds) on my boss's mustang and fit wasn't the greatest... in fact he might get my one piece gibson after I do the long tubes...

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back