Quest for 10s

BigRis

forum member
Reaction score
The last time I was at the track I ran a best of 11.60 and no slower than 11.80. I am maxed at HP until I get the money to get the bottom end forged. Once forged I can turn up the SC . Traction at 500rwhp was not a problem as the tires hooked great. As far as suspension I was planning on making changes only if traction becomes a issue. I know there is alot of variables . I just would like to know how much hp you guys think I need to shoot for to make the car "Capable" of mid to high 10s?

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
You probably need around 580-600rwhp (depending on weight) and a converter will do you well.

Swarzkopf

forum member
Reaction score
I bet a decent converter will get you close at your current power level. What are your 60' times like now? A 3000 RPM multidisk converter (from Precision Industries or Circle D) should net you huge gains.

I'm praying for a 10.9 sometime this year - I have about the same peak horsepower as you, but a much smaller power curve. LOL

07graygt

forum member
Reaction score
See the last page of 1/4 mile times in the drag racing section. 5.0 10.8!!

rayS197

Reaction score
A converter will help and look into PTC for another option. Our cars are very similar in builds. HP is the same but my TQ numbers are around 450.
At what RPM's are your shift points? Mine shifts @ 6k. I do think the CHE axle brace has contributed.
Last NMRA race on my street tune and full weight I ran an 11.0, 1.5 60ft @ 119mph.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
I've heard lots of smart people say that it's torque that breaks engines, not hp. At 423 foot lbs of torque I think you need to turn up the boost or do something else to get the torque numbers up.

That said, I ran a best of 11.4 on the stock motor and TVS blower at 11 lbs. My numbers were 505hp/495tq. I'm still not launching hard enough to really get good numbers. Would be easier with an auto but I'm not going there.

GI Joe

Reaction score
what are the 60 ft times on the car?
How much boost are you making?

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back