Question about hauling with your Mustang.?

Reaction score
Ok, I used to go fishing and camping A LOT when I was growing up and since I got into my mid 20's it has all pretty much went away because my husband does not like fishing/camping or boating ect..:(
I have decided I am going to save up for a small 2 person boat with a little trailer and yes I want to be able to pull it with my Mustang.

Can it be done? How much will my car be able to haul? I will be going alone of course so what do you recommend? ( that is if you fish or have a boat? )

Thanks everyone! :)

Reaction score
Reaction score
I think I may just rent a boat............ OR rent a spot on someone else's boat. lol...

I already posted a ad and got a few responses. I just hope I don't get killed and used for fishing bait going out fishing with total strangers. :(

At this point in life..... I am getting were I don't really care anymore I am just SO tired of living such a dull boring ass life day in and day out!

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Reaction score
Mustangs are rated (by Ford) to tow 1,000 lbs. And, most states have laws requiring trailer brakes once a trailer weighs more than 1,000 lbs. Therefor, you're gonna have to keep it very light if you want to tow with your Mustang.

Reaction score
Mustangs are rated (by Ford) to tow 1,000 lbs. And, most states have laws requiring trailer brakes once a trailer weighs more than 1,000 lbs. Therefor, you're gonna have to keep it very light if you want to tow with your Mustang.

So, If I am looking at a boat its going to be a plastic paddle boat! lol...

Those are fun though....

GIG4FUN

Rock 'n' Roll Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I think
At this point in life..... I am getting were I don't really care anymore I am just SO tired of living such a dull boring ass life day in and day out!

there's a LOT being said folks... :chairfall:

I'm hearing it :highfive:

Reaction score
Well.. I am just being honest. I work behind a desk alone 8 hours a day 5 days a week. I go home I tend to my animals, I sit in front of the computer for a little bit or watch tv, then go to bed. Wake up and do it all over again (but insert cook lunch and dinner for myself) ect.. and wash my car a few times a week. THAT IS ALL I EVER DO. I HAVE NO LIFE.

just being honest........... :/

GIG4FUN

Rock 'n' Roll Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well.. I am just being honest. I work behind a desk alone 8 hours a day 5 days a week. I go home I tend to my animals, I sit in front of the computer for a little bit or watch tv, then go to bed. Wake up and do it all over again (but insert cook lunch and dinner for myself) ect.. and wash my car a few times a week. THAT IS ALL I EVER DO. I HAVE NO LIFE.

I commend you for "knowing". :hi:

white05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You mean there is more to life lol. All I know is eat, sleep, and work.

US-1

Banned
Reaction score

Honey....you need to move down here. You're just too far away for me to ask. :naughty1:

mikebna

Wannabe
Reaction score
A friend of mine has a lowered Bullitt and a receiver hitch, it's the smaller one, and he tows his bike trailer with it back and forth between AZ and Ohio.

Hard to see in the pic but you can see the safety chain hooks under the plate-

DSC00850.jpg

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
I had a friend of mine who used to tow a small fiberglass style trailer filled with drag radials, his luggage, a jack, and a small toolbox. He was using a 2003 Mach I with an automatic. Worked just fine.

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
when i went to the auto x last week, guys had porsxhes with trailer hitches on them. they all had custom trailers that held 4 wheels with r comps and a tool box with all the necessary equipment for the race. looking at one, i would say they were hauling 500 lbs with no problems. you should see about getting a hitch that you can hide behind your license plate.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back