Questions...KB 2.2 Adapted to 3V??

MattP343

forum member
Reaction score
I was reading through some threads a while back and I talked to this one guy who was talking about buying a used KB 2.2 from a Terminator on his GT (Since you can pick them up pretty cheap) Then contacting KB in order to get an adapted intake plate and was planning to run it on his 2006 Mustang GT.

-I was kinda skeptical about this and figured I would ask you guys what you thought?
-Why would you want to run a 2.2 over a 2.4 or 2.6?
-What boost/horsepower level is the 2.2 efficient up to?
-Would you be better off just getting a kit specifically made for your car?

Thanks for the clarification.

Matt

jsawyer

uh oh
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
How cheap? You can get just the 2.6 or the 2.6H on the KB site for $2400.00, but that doen't include all the other stuff to complete the kit.

MattP343

forum member
Reaction score
Do those include the adapter plate to completely run it on the car minus the fuel upgrades/maf/belt

Kevin@PMP

Reaction score
The snout on the blower will be the wrong length, he won't be able to use the intake manifold at all, the ports are entirely different and KB isn't going to make him adapter plates just for his car. Sounds like he is getting an expensive box full of parts that he won't be able to use.

MattP343

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah I just talked to KB, and they basically told me the same thing in less words...If you want a Kenne Bell buy one made for your car haha

Regardless, Whipple and the Novi2200 are the top 2 blowers on my list thus far

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The snout on the blower will be the wrong length, he won't be able to use the intake manifold at all, the ports are entirely different and KB isn't going to make him adapter plates just for his car. Sounds like he is getting an expensive box full of parts that he won't be able to use.

Ditto - after the fab cost to make it work, he'd be out of pocket more than a full kit for his car.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back