Radiator Cover Extensions....

ulev1st

Mustang Addict!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if anybody is making the extensions WITHOUT the hole for the prop rod?

ulev1st

Mustang Addict!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I looked on their web page and didn't see them....but then again..I'm olld and half blind...guess I'll give them a call today...anybody else know of anybody?

Casey4s

forum member
Reaction score
Mine have the prop-rod hole but there is a small cover for that hole. If my hood struts ever fail I can temp go back to the prop-rod.

011.jpg

Chris07GT

forum member
Reaction score
Midwest Auto Gear has them with a snap in insert that goes in the prop rod hole on their radiator extensions

Miracle

"Shall not be infringed"
Reaction score
Don't get the ones from American Muscle... this is what they advertised:

http://www.americanmuscle.com/radiator-extension-cover-black.html

No hole for the prop rod in those... And even the description reads: "Technical Note. It will be required to modify these Radiator Extension Covers in order to reuse your stock factory prop rod. "

And I received the one with the freakin holes, and no plug to put in the hole.

Dex

I'm Dexolishous
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Someone needs to make some for the GT500 bumper

Casey4s

forum member
Reaction score
Don't get the ones from American Muscle... this is what they advertised:

http://www.americanmuscle.com/radiator-extension-cover-black.html

No hole for the prop rod in those... And even the description reads: "Technical Note. It will be required to modify these Radiator Extension Covers in order to reuse your stock factory prop rod. "

And I received the one with the freakin holes, and no plug to put in the hole.

Did you contact American Muscle with this discrepancy ? I have been dealing with these guys for about 4 years and they seem to go out of their way to apease customers. Ask them about the cover for the unexpected prop rod hole.

I usually try to give any vendor every opportunity to correct a problem before I complain in public. But that's just my opinion, your milage may vary....

Miracle

"Shall not be infringed"
Reaction score
Did you contact American Muscle with this discrepancy ? I have been dealing with these guys for about 4 years and they seem to go out of their way to apease customers. Ask them about the cover for the unexpected prop rod hole.

I usually try to give any vendor every opportunity to correct a problem before I complain in public. But that's just my opinion, your milage may vary....

I tried... and they pretty much blew me off, and told me the classic, "Discrepancies may exist between what is shown, and what you recieve. It must have been an error. Besides, all the user submitted photos have the provisions for the rod."

I haven't bought from them since, and probably won't ever again.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back