Radio advise....navigation for the wifes 2008

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
She has been hinting to get her a new radio. so just asking what you guys are using.

needs to have built in reliable navigation (my kenwood uses garmin and i love it)

needs to be able to change the color of the buttons to match her pink LED conversion

double din of course

ipod interface

under $500

ummduh

forum member
Reaction score
IMO dont bother with a built in nav. They're overly expensive, quickly outdated, and far less useful than a smartphone/tablet mounted.

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
I got her a kenwood, very similar to the one i have in my car. it uses garmin and has worked great. the kenwood also has the changing colors for the buttons too so i can set them to pink for her,lol

NotQuik

I can't drive
Reaction score
I put the pioneer avic-z140bh in my truck while back and it's been good. The buttons are able to change color, just not sure if pink was an option or not.

JCCNY

forum member
Reaction score
Can't really help as far as nav, but I got a cheap double din Pioneer which works great. I wish head units these days had easy access bass/treble controls though. I'm picky about sound and like the EQ, but what a pain in the ass to adjust while driving.

ummduh

forum member
Reaction score
Can't really help as far as nav, but I got a cheap double din Pioneer which works great. I wish head units these days had easy access bass/treble controls though. I'm picky about sound and like the EQ, but what a pain in the ass to adjust while driving.
I've got a new Pioneer (in the wife's car)... I hate it. It's just a base model but they buried the audio settings in a mega menu and you have to start over from the beginning every time. Love the older units that had a dedicated audio button and remembered what you were messing with last. I need to check out some of their higher end units, but if they're all like that I'm done with Pioneer.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back