Ran The Car Today, Feel Like Giving Up...Help Me Out.

2to3threE

Banned
Reaction score
So here is the details, i am somewhat dissapointed, based on the info i provide, which includes timeslips and videos, please tell me what my car should be able to run based on the info here.

Track Conditions:

Temp: 81 degrees
Wind: slightly breezy

First Run:

i let the car cool down for 30 minutes or more, air temps in the mid 90's.

i launched soft, and didnt spin, had a good 60ft time, but i missed 3rd gear and then, near the end of 3rd i hit rev limiter, then i let off of 4th gear 50 ft before the cones, according to the timekeeper i let off way too soon and it killed my trap and e/t. you be the judge, trap speed doesnt justify the 60ft time, or the e/t.

First Run Time Slip:

IMG_0126.jpg

First Run Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVV5zahar-8

Second Run:

Well on the 2nd run, i launched a little rough, and got the red light, i missed 2nd gear, and was slow shifting into 3rd. the terminator passed me. my temps killed me because the first run the temps were 90's, and now they were in the mid 120's.

Second Run Time Slip:

IMG_0124.jpg

Second Run Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJx77OeZwTc

Third Run:

The third run was by myself and i launched way to hard, had to let off in first, and then let off a second time. needless to say, i still dont get what it is that is killing my time. the temps were still high in the 120's.

Third Run Time Slip:

IMG_0125.jpg

Third Run Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RE-aJwe1tng

2to3threE

Banned
Reaction score
my tires were sticking on the first run pretty well, i have nitto NT555's @ 25psi

Weou09

forum member
Reaction score
I dont see how you stick at all. I have 555s at my power level i cant hook for shit...not even going into 2nd (power shifting) I think it might be time for a slick or a real radial

TexasKyle

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Missed 3rd and then banged off the rev Limiter
Missed 2nd and slugged into 3rd
Lifted twice

And you dont know what is killing your times???

Not being a dick, but until you get some solid, Complete, runs, all the troubleshooting in the world won't be worth squat. You gotta have some consistent flawless runs to understand what the car is doing.

06whipple

Need to give a full list of mods also...wheels tires etc. What rpm do you launch at, how are you clutching it, etc. 555s aren't that bad...on a well prepped track I can get 1.7x 60ft pretty consistent

2to3threE

Banned
Reaction score
Need to give a full list of mods also...wheels tires etc. What rpm do you launch at, how are you clutching it, etc. 555s aren't that bad...on a well prepped track I can get 1.7x 60ft pretty consistent

i have the following mods

3.4 pulley
jba longtubes
o/r H pipe
frpp 4.10's

i launched at 2k on first run, got 2.0 60ft, then the 2nd and 3rd were around 3500, and my 60ft time was bad.

06whipple

Need to go smooth on the clutch at around 2k...do a good burnout 555s heat slow. 22 psi, What is your wheel height front and back. Shift at 6200 or more. Need at least an inch drop in rear, and control arms

Last edited by a moderator:

2to3threE

Banned
Reaction score
Need to go smooth on the clutch at around 2k...do a good burnout 555s heat slow. 22 psi, What is your wheel height front and back. Shift at 6200 or more. Need at least an inch drop in rear, and control arms

i have h&r supersports they claim 2 inch drop, i have 18x9 rims, 285/40/18 rear and 255/45/18 front.

adjustable lca's? or relocation brackets? also is panhard bar needed or aftermarket sway?

06whipple

i have h&r supersports they claim 2 inch drop, i have 18x9 rims, 285/40/18 rear and 255/45/18 front.

adjustable lca's? or relocation brackets? also is panhard bar needed or aftermarket sway?

Most guys do the relo brackets...I didn't cause I don't like how far they stick down. personally I don't think you need the panhard and I still have my front sway bar connected. I feel if you get the right drop in the rear that weght transfers good enough...then again I'm not shooting for 1.4X 60 foots. I like the bmr stuff I have but will say I have had a bushing blow out...supposedly they are using higher durometer bushings now so that shouldn't be an issue anymore. If it feels like you aren't getting good weight transfer you need to at least unhook your sway bar to get better weight transfer...or put shorter tires on the rear. From the times I've seen nitto 555s will get get you 1.7X short times without much trouble
As far as for shifting...look at your dyno curve if peak horsepower is at 6400 you should at least be shifting there

Last edited by a moderator:

2to3threE

Banned
Reaction score
Most guys do the relo brackets...I didn't cause I don't like how far they stick down. personally I don't think you need the panhard and I still have my front sway bar connected. I feel if you get the right drop in the rear that weght transfers good enough...then again I'm not shooting for 1.4X 60 foots. I like the bmr stuff I have but will say I have had a bushing blow out...supposedly they are using higher durometer bushings now so that shouldn't be an issue anymore. If it feels like you aren't getting good weight transfer you need to at least unhook your sway bar to get better weight transfer...or put shorter tires on the rear. From the times I've seen nitto 555s will get get you 1.7X short times without much trouble

i suppose this is the reason the gt500 from the factory has the front end up high....with the right suspension setup, is my car good for low 12's?

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
i forgot to mention my first 2 runs, i was shifting @ 5700, and the last run 6k.
Who told you to shift at 5700?
come on man you are outrunning 2011 gt500's! lol you know I had to.

2to3threE

Banned
Reaction score
Who told you to shift at 5700?
come on man you are outrunning 2011 gt500's! lol you know I had to.

i guess i was going easy on it at the track, from a roll tho, different story.

i just wasnt sure if 6500 was safe.

kenneth

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
With drag radials you should be running in the 11's.

Try borrowing some at the very least.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back