re: Louvers for S197

RobOmen

Reaction score
Hi,

Just a quick question regarding louvers. I am thinking about getting louvers for my 2007 S197. However I only want to put them on when I take the car to shows because they limit the visibility while driving. Is this possible? Can I easily add and remove them repeatedly somehow?

I am guessing someone might say use 3M tape. If that is one suggestion is the tape easy to remove? Can I damage the louver by removing them from the tape?

Thanks
Rob Omen

ixtlan

Reaction score
I got Rear Louvers.
Visibility isnt limited much, and I think I probably got the tightest gapped on the market.
louvers%20002.jpg

louvers%20003.jpg

louvers%20004.jpg

RobOmen

Reaction score
I'm sorry. I should have specified that I meant side louvers but thank you for your response.

jcsuli74

Reaction score
i believe that street scene is now offering a carbon fiber set of side louvers that mount on brackets so you remove them. but the taped on ones, i think you are limited on option unless you figure out a way to use a light grade adhesive or removabel tape to hold them on long enough for a show.

ixtlan

Reaction score
As far as visibility goes I look at it this way.
I find the side windows pretty much useless anyway.
All I look for when I do turn to see through them is movement.
The louvers will still allow that.
Also the side mirrors cover 90% of the view you need anyway.
I have some side louvers to put on but need to paint them first.
Plenty of people runnin them.
How bout some inside pics from you folks with them.
Give us a view from the driver seat as if you were lookin over the shoulder.

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
As far as visibility goes I look at it this way.
I find the side windows pretty much useless anyway.
All I look for when I do turn to see through them is movement.
+1

I never look out of the drivers side, and I rarely look out the passenger side windows. That's another reason that little bar in this view isn't an issue at all for me.

DSC00021.JPG

partsbill

forum member
Reaction score
Hi,

Just a quick question regarding louvers. I am thinking about getting louvers for my 2007 S197. However I only want to put them on when I take the car to shows because they limit the visibility while driving. Is this possible? Can I easily add and remove them repeatedly somehow?

I am guessing someone might say use 3M tape. If that is one suggestion is the tape easy to remove? Can I damage the louver by removing them from the tape?

Thanks
Rob Omen

there are alot of different louvers from different venders, the Rousch louvers have brackets which attach to the glass which let you remove the louvers when you want but the brackets stay on the glass and are visible, I bought my louvers from stage3 motorsports and they attach with the 3m tape, I have no problems with visibility.
014.jpg

015.jpg

PenguinGT

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Silver Horse Racing has another option. They are the replacement windows that come painted.

I'd post pics, but I have mine in the box waiting for me to install them while my car is in the shop getting new suspension (D-specs, springs, LCA, UCA, gears, etc).

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back