Real Street Outlaws

07graygt

forum member
Reaction score
So a car that drives to the track pulling a trailer and going down the highway isnt a street car? What is a street car? Ive always thought a street car was a car that was licensed and could drive on the street. I guess ive been wrong for a long time.

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Those Drag Week guys are some amazing people with some great STREET cars. Yes anything that is licensed, can pull a trailer to the track, run and drive to the next track pulling a trailer, is a STREET car.

Earl

07graygt

forum member
Reaction score
Can you imagine the looks he gets from the cops going down the road in a car like that pulling a trailer lol.

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I read and saw that fellow in a Magazine.

Terry

Blackbird1084

forum member
Reaction score
His door skin peeled off for crying out loud. Larry Lawson's stock body car is a street car and Larry drives his back and fourth to work on a regular basis not just on drag week.

Last edited:

Blackbird1084

forum member
Reaction score
In that retrospect all of the cars on street outlaws are street cars even though they only get driven during races and once a month.

rojizostang

i love my cams
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
it's incredible that he can run 93 in it. i assume he switches to race gas at the track? who cares if it's a true street car, it's awesome any way you look at it, imho.

Blackbird1084

forum member
Reaction score
I'm not trying to take away from the fact it's a fast car that is driven on the street for a specific event. But that's just it, for a specific event. It's a damn fast car for sure. Larry ran 6's in a car that weighs 3600lbs, has a stereo, and has driven in the rain on multiple occasions during drag week. He drives it to work on a weekly basis when he's not wrenching on it. Those other guys are in 2900lb pro mod bodies and they barely drive them outside of drag week and that's usually during testing at tracks. You can weld a hitch on a funny car, but that doesn't make it a street car.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back