Really frustrated and need help!.!.!

BlackDeath

forum member
Reaction score
Well back in January I found that my car (2007 GT 4.6L) had a crack in the #1 cam cap that holds thrust on the drivers side. So I was glad I found it early, tore the car down in the garage, saved some money and ordered a set of CNC'd heads with valves, springs and the works. The car sat for 3 months off the battery and was running perfect when I put her to bed....

Now since I've first started this bastard child up its had a slight misfire that has progressed into what sounds like this thing is running off of 4 clyinders. The plugs on the drivers side show signs of fuel while bank 2, the porcelian is still bright white! Only code that has been thrown is b2 system too lean. The data logs are showing that side barely receiving fuel. The wide band is an AEM, not the gratest I know but is pegged lean. When you give it alittle pedal and get it above 2800 it seems to come alive and doesn't sound like there is a dead hole anywhere. The wideband comes up to 13.5-15.2 while spiking every now and then 16.5's. Now its to the point where it takes an act of god to get the car to idle. If you try and drive it, it sounds like it isn't getting any fuel and just flattens out while trying to accelerate, until above 2800 and accelerates decent with a little pop here and there. It does die on deaccel and the motor makes no noises so leads me to belive it isn't a motor issue. I will find out tonight though. I know this is going to end up being simple or atleast I hope.

The only variable that has changed in this whole build was the heads, arp studs, and head gaskets. Everything else is still the same. Now for the parts that I have replaced trying to figure this damn thing out... 3 sets of plugs, 3 fuel filters, 3 sets of coils, 3 sets of injectors, crank sensor, both cam position sensors, retimed 4 times just to make sure it wasn't jumping timing, timing chain tensioners, another set of gt500 pumps, cleaned the entire fuel system including the tank, chased the harness looking for loose grounds and bent pins. There isn't much left except for replacing the ECM, Harness, FPDM's, compression test and leak down. I can't even get a call back or email from my tuner to see if he see's anything, so I'm left in the dark and at a loss, really don't know anything else to do and tired of spending money lol. I could have done alot more with the 6 thousand dollars I have put into this car. Any help from anyone would be awesome just need some more ideas and imput. Thank you S197 Forum!!

plugs driver side.. alittle fouled from pulling coils that day

IMAG0012.jpg

plugs pass side...

IMAG0011.jpg

timing...

IMAG0108.jpg

IMAG0107.jpg

IMAG0109.jpg

Thanks agian!!

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
stock cams?

did you try reloading the tune in the car?

lito

forum member
Reaction score
A log will help to show what is going on.

If it is missing it will always show lean.

B1=pasenger side, B2 =driver's.

My guess is that something is up with the sensors, that is why once you go open loop (depending what the tuner has set in the tune) it runs well.

BlackDeath

forum member
Reaction score
stock cams?

did you try reloading the tune in the car?
Yes sir, and tried previous tunes that weren't for the heads just to see if it did idle different or would make it clear up, no results and same issue still. Cams are BBR Stage II's that were in the car previous to the build

A log will help to show what is going on.

If it is missing it will always show lean.

B1=pasenger side, B2 =driver's.

My guess is that something is up with the sensors, that is why once you go open loop (depending what the tuner has set in the tune) it runs well.

10-4, I've tried 2 sets of o2's also, both upstream. A buddy is gonna bring over a MAF sensor for me to try tonight along with an fpdm so I can try each one and see if that makes a difference

Last edited by a moderator:

lito

forum member
Reaction score
Try to log shorts and long trims both banks, rpm, tp, maf voltage, press drop inj, fp duty cycle, o2 voltages 11 and 21, start the log in KOEO and once running start the car and let it log until it dies and attach it here.

Forgot to add ect and iat.

Last edited:

BlackDeath

forum member
Reaction score
Can you send me your email lito? I can send a few logs that I have. One is less than a week old and has some high idle along with the start up issue and all, thank you sir

Otherwise it might be late tonight or tomorrow night before I can do some more logs, thanks again

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Can you send me your email lito? I can send a few logs that I have. One is less than a week old and has some high idle along with the start up issue and all, thank you sir

Otherwise it might be late tonight or tomorrow night before I can do some more logs, thanks again

click here:

http://www.tudyno.com

click here:
contacto_on.gif

get this:

[email protected]

BlackDeath

forum member
Reaction score
Car has C&L Racer CAI, delete plates, same BBR Stage II cams, vct lock outs, bbk lt headers, everything else is stock, stock injectors, stock manifold, stock throttle body, stock rails, stock bottom end. Checked the cross over and good there

Sry its taken so long to get back on here and update, been crazy busy but update is as fallows... Swapped Intakes off a running S197, swapped rails w/injectors, fpdm's just for the heck of it, MAF sensors, did a compression test 170-172ish on 1-2 and the rest where mid to high 160's. Only have a couple of options left other than tune but don't think a tune can cause banks to fuel different right? Sounds more like a computer problem to me but have to go throught the motions first I guess

Back