Rear brake calipers.

VGMStudios

Reaction score
Does anyone here work for Ford in the parts department or know what exactly is the differences other than being painted black between these two rear calipers?
(DR3Z-2553-B) & (BRCF-282-)
Yes I can read the description but it doesn't say very much.
I'd like to know WHY can't I use the 2553 on a 2006 GT for example. Aren't all rear calipers for the S197 the exact same?
Also why is the 282 more expensive if it's the same thing?
Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated.

Jwood562

Reaction score
I dont work for ford so I am no expert.

I did a quick google search with the part numbers you provided and the first shows for the gt500 or boss 302 so I am assuming the larger rear brake set up. but i also thought the calipers were the same but the mounting brackets and rotors were different.

I juat did the gt500 rear brake upgrade and needed new rotors and caliper mounting brackets, but same calipers.

So maybe the only difference i that they were offered in a black coating?

VGMStudios

Reaction score
I dont work for ford so I am no expert.

I did a quick google search with the part numbers you provided and the first shows for the gt500 or boss 302 so I am assuming the larger rear brake set up. but i also thought the calipers were the same but the mounting brackets and rotors were different.

I juat did the gt500 rear brake upgrade and needed new rotors and caliper mounting brackets, but same calipers.

So maybe the only difference i that they were offered in a black coating?

Right! So you did the upgrade and the GT500 rear calipers are the exact same as the ones you took off? Makes me wonder why the price difference if they are the exact same. Thanks for confirming my suspensions. Ford and thier wired numbering system. Lol

Jwood562

Reaction score
yeah, I was under the assumption all rear calipers are the same.

the only thing I have heard of, is that the bullit edition came with factory black calipers so maybe that is the difference but they mount and are physically are the same.

When I did my big break rear upgrade, I just ordered powerstop reman rears (powder coated red version), the 12-13' gt500 rotors and the LMR adapter brackets. easy to install, took about 30 mins. cant really feel the difference in stopping power but they fill out the wheels nicely. Also if you look at the costs, its the exact same as doing your rear brakes, the only additional cost is the caliper adapters

Back