Rear Diff Options 09 GT500

JerseySandy

Reaction score
Hi all just working out the best way to deal with the rear end coping with the 660 estimated bhp I've got to.

Read alot about the Torsen T2 but my concern it the feedback on the US forums re this not being suitable for hard/ drag launches.

I want a bullet proof back end, capable of dealing with some drag use and also road race/ track use.

Best Regards

JesseW.

forum member
Reaction score
i think several people including me have had great luck with the eaton/detroit true trac helical diffs. i have been autox'ing on mine a year with no problems. just make sure you run regular 90w+ gear oil with no friction modifiers.

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
Agree ^^^.

I like the Torsen a lot, but it is certainly not drag friendly. I've personally destroyed one at the strip on launch. It definitely worked very well on the street though.

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
Wavetrac = lifetime warranty and they dare you to break it.

I'd probably wait until they figure out the c-clip issue. As it is, the "new" c-clip design isn't working. The clips are too thin and too soft, and nothing retains them. I had first hand experience with a failure just last weekend. One of the c-clips lost its shape and fell out while on an 800 mile road trip in a 2010 GT500. The remaining clip was deformed and barely in place. It only had 700 miles on it. We're damn lucky that's all that happened.

Last edited:

kevinatfms

EX-ford tech(6 years)
Reaction score
check out the yukon duragrip differential. it is still a traction-lok unit but has beefed up friction plates and pressure springs. i dont have 600+whp but i do beat the ever living shit out of my car and this is the one i think will be the best for durability without going to a full locker.

Jared@Lethal

Official Vendor
Reaction score
We ran a trutrac in our 08 which made in the upper 700rwhp range and it held up great. It's what we recommend for street/track use to our gt500 and s197 customers.

AutoXRacer

forum member
Reaction score
Got Tru-Trac here and love it!!!! Autocross, Road Racing, Drag strip, daily driving, road trips...handles everything you put it through!!!

808muscle

forum member
Reaction score
Just installed a truetrac...........love the feel of it. Power to the ground FTW!

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back