rear emblem repaint(pretty sick)

bronxbomba63

forum member
Reaction score
not my favorite, but the color of your car makes it look good. If it were a black car, it wouldn't match up well. What color is it though? Black Satin?
Thanks. Well, it's actually gloss black, but for some reason, it didn't come out as glossy as I would have wanted it.
I like the grille/fog light set up. looks good, where did you get it?
Thanks. Both I got off of ebay.

bronxbomba63

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah, I think they called it a "Sports" grille or something like that. But it completely replaces the stock grille. The fogs I mounted on the frame behind the grille.

Styre

It Happens
Reaction score
Yeah, I think they called it a "Sports" grille or something like that. But it completely replaces the stock grille. The fogs I mounted on the frame behind the grille.

Did you use stock gt foglights? I ordered my grille last week so that's the plan with my car.

Reaction score
What knid of paint do you use, a spray can and if so which one?

x2

YEs, what kind of paint and where did you purchase it? I think I want to try it.....
big-grin-emoticon.gif

Reaction score
What knid of paint do you use, a spray can and if so which one?
x2

YEs, what kind of paint and where did you purchase it? I think I want to try it.....
big-grin-emoticon.gif

Yes, it's a spray can. I used satin black Krylon.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Redfire_WNL

THE BEAST UNLEASHED!
Reaction score
I scuffed the emblem and then added 2 coats of primer and then let sit 6 hours then i sprayed with Dupli-Color spray paint. Let dry at least 4 hours before touching it and putting back on car or it might smudge a little when pressed on.

frarmar

Killer boots man!
Reaction score
I scuffed the emblem and then added 2 coats of primer and then let sit 6 hours then i sprayed with Dupli-Color spray paint. Let dry at least 4 hours before touching it and putting back on car or it might smudge a little when pressed on.

Cool. Thanks. Got mine painted and it turned out pretty good.
:beer:

808muscle

forum member
Reaction score
What did you use to reattach to the car? I bought some 3m body panel double stick tape.

patrick

vastang757

Reaction score

thats a little overkill. i let the emblems sit for 45 mins after hitting em w/ primer. waited another 45 mins after painting then let em sit for an hour after putting the clear on before putting them on the car and i had absolutely no issue or concern about smudging

bronxbomba63

forum member
Reaction score
Same here, I let the primer sit for about an hour before I sprayed it with color. Then another hour after clear, before putting back on car. No smudges what so ever.

Redfire_WNL

THE BEAST UNLEASHED!
Reaction score
Maybe because it was cold outside and i was doing in shed but i didn't mean 6 hours after primer i meant to put an hour and then spray with paint. Then i let sit for 4 hours but by all means do it how those guys did it, i just wanted to be on safe side.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back