Rebuilding the stable

Boss281

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
What a turbulent couple of years! Anyhow, I've managed to hang on to my beloved 2005 GT, still one of the fastest NA 3Vs around. The drag suspension is out, BMR street suspension is in, and it just needs some sound deadening under the rear seat delete and trunk, some softer settings on the shocks, and get the Sport Comp tires mounted to make it really streetable. Perhaps replace the 4.30 gears with 4.10s. The loud raucous exhaust stays.

Ditched the Kona Blue 2011 Mustang GT, 2012 F150 FX4 truck, 18ft steel trailer and some tools. No more racing for a while. Picked up a 14 Focus ST for the daily commute (shit this thing hauls and handles STOCK!), and am waiting for January 2015 to order a new Mustang GT to compliment the 2005. In red of course. So for now, here are the toys...
boystoys_zps67269307.jpg

FIVE-OH

forum member
Reaction score
Looking at a Focus ST myself for my next DD. Waiting for the '15 for all the updates though...

Boss281

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have the ST3 with navigation and the MyTouch system (what's the fuss about, I find it simple to use <shrug>). The Recaros are really nice and comfortable for my frame, and the interior is surprisingly well appointed. Even the back seats are leather. And they are apparently just as sensitive to air/fuel mods as our Mustangs: http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=22952

Boss281

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Keeping the ST even after the '15 is picked up. I've had 2 Mustangs for as long as I can remember, and being without a #2 right now is making me a bit crazy. I'm missing the truck too, but I doubt I'll ever buy a new one again. I'm sure there is some used one out there with my name on it...

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
For some reason I feel like my next purchase will be an FX4 Echoboost 15 or 16. I'll probably end up keeping what I have until 16 or 17 before I get one of those. Most likely it will be a 1 or 2 year used model with low miles ideally.

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
Nice pair of rides! I love that Focus ST! My wife hates the Focus for some reason. She swears it looks like a Prius. LOL There is a tangerine scream ST at our local Ford store right now that I would love to have, and I threaten her with trading in her Escape for it every time we drive by the lot.

Back