Remote bottle opener/NANO kit dilemma

702GT

S197 Fanatic
Reaction score
Been doing a bit of research before I commit to trying a NANO kit rig on my nitrous system. I'm currently hung up on the nitrous bottle valve requirements. Their kits state that they're universal and compatible with most aftermarket "domestic" bottle valvles. The NANO bottle needs (I believe) a 1/4" NPT port for the nitrogen to feed. I have a ZEX bottle. It has a rear port (plugged) and the main valve port (feed to the system) and that's it. Not even a 1/8" NPT port for a gauge, not that that ever stopped me from putting my own gauge in-line. I assume that the rear port on the valve that has a plug in it is the fill port for when they refill the bottle, that or it's for the blow-down tube I'm supposed to run, but I really DGAF about that.

Will that rear port work for the NANO kit to feed in? Or am I looking at getting a new bottle/valve?

Second portion of the dilemma. I'd say 99% of the reason I even went for this ZEX kit was for the remote bottle opener. I won't bullshit anyone, when I spray, I spray on the street. Rival car, against friends, just for shits and giggle-gas. Whatever the case, I loathe the idea of having to get out of the car, pop the trunk, and turn a valve. I'll sell the whole nitrous system/NA combo before it comes to that. So a bottle opener is a must for me. That said, NANO's bottle valve that they sell to replace a valve that isn't compatible has their handle on a 45 degree angle. Obviously impossible to mount a ZEX opener to, not to mention unspecified dimentions. I can modify the ZEX opener to fit for a side-port valve for the NANO feed line, and even compensate for valve dimentions. But the handle has to be in-line with the bottle.

If anyone knows of such a bottle valve, please point me in the right direction. And if anyone has had experience with the NANO kit on a remote bottle opener I'm curious to know what brand bottle/valve/opener you use.

john@nitrousoutlet

Reaction score

702GT

S197 Fanatic
Reaction score
Thanks for the response John! I'll PM ya for further questioning! :D

AndrewNagle

forum member
Reaction score
Keep us posted I am in the same dilemma want to add NANO to my Zex system and get rid of the damn bottle heater.

08StangGT_CS

forum member
Reaction score
Before anyone buys a Nano system, make sure you source a place that can fill it up. My system has been the most expensive paper weight I've bought in a while. I just got a lead on a possible place and hoping to finally start using it.

Back