removal of side maker reflectors

grabber197

forum member
Reaction score
Wanting to remove and tint side maker reflectors and front turn signals what's the best way to get them off

Redfireshaker06

forum member
Reaction score
Side markers you just pop out using a flat thin tool. But be careful of the paint. The fronts you have to go behind the bumper and squeeze the clips and pull out. Of course unplugging the sockets. You can see them pretty easy just by getting the front in the air.

Real Horses

forum member
Reaction score
I just replaced mine with smoke lens, the rears are easy, just put a screwdriver or something flat on the back of the rear lens and push forward they pop right out, the manual tells you to pry against the body, you dont need to do that! The fronts were a little more challenging, there is a bolt right in front of the tire on the black plastic cover at the bottom, remove that and you can pull the liner away, then you reach up with a 1/4 ratchet and a deep socket, I do believe it was a 8mm... cripes I keep replacing stuff on my car and every nut and bolt is different! Just put a billet battery box in last nite. If you have large arms expect to get smushed! lmao... but they are easy once you get the socket on the nut.

:) juli

Real Horses

forum member
Reaction score
Side markers you just pop out using a flat thin tool. But be careful of the paint. The fronts you have to go behind the bumper and squeeze the clips and pull out. Of course unplugging the sockets. You can see them pretty easy just by getting the front in the air.

Yes but he has a 2010, they put these lovely black sheilds on everything down there, you can't even change the oil without removing a shield!

Real Horses

forum member
Reaction score
Nice... I was wondering whether the rears just popped out or if they were held by a clip of some sort. Thanks for the info.

you are welcome, the funny part was, I called the dealership and they told me you had to take the bumper covers off to change them! so I read the manual... tee hee, simple.. and those were the ones that scared me the most, I have a black car and you just touch the paint and yikes you have a scratch...

gtmiller1001

forum member
Reaction score
I just replaced mine with smoke lens, the rears are easy, just put a screwdriver or something flat on the back of the rear lens and push forward they pop right out, the manual tells you to pry against the body, you dont need to do that! The fronts were a little more challenging, there is a bolt right in front of the tire on the black plastic cover at the bottom, remove that and you can pull the liner away, then you reach up with a 1/4 ratchet and a deep socket, I do believe it was a 8mm... cripes I keep replacing stuff on my car and every nut and bolt is different! Just put a billet battery box in last nite. If you have large arms expect to get smushed! lmao... but they are easy once you get the socket on the nut.

:) juli

About to do this as well. So there are actually nuts holding the fronts in? I looked briefly when putting my chin spoiler on and saw what looked like two plastic ones but they didn't look like they secured the assy to the car, more so that they held the lens onto the actual housing.

So to clarify, you have to unscrew some nuts to get the thing out of the car?

bullitt4434

forum member
Reaction score
when you put the rear marker back in do you just line it up straight and push in till it clips or something?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back