Removing rubber off the quarter panels

jennerik05

Reaction score
I found the PERFECT thing ( besides blue painters tape ) to make it easy to get the rubber off of the quarter panels after a day at the track. It's called Rejex.
Here is the link to an aircraft place that sells it:

http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/cspages/rejex.php

I used to work there and I tried it one day on my Camaro. Wow. I was pretty skeptical at first. I followed the instructions and then put it to the test. I went to the track the next weekend and it was a two day event. On Sunday night, I pulled the car up in the driveway, turned the hose on, and it came right off. I couldn't believe it. Now, I put it behind the front wheels, on the kick panels and on the quarter panels.
One bottle has lasted me 8 months and I have enough to apply two more times.
What has everyone else used?

Importkiller

forum member
Reaction score
I have used Goo-gone and a plastic spoon to lightly scrape with and that works fine without damaging it. Never heard of this product though. Probably a lot faster than my method. (about half an hour on each side lol).

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
better to not get it on the paint in the first place. collision wrap for the win

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Works just as well and is a hell of a lot cheaper

pam300.jpg

jennerik05

Reaction score
Works just as well and is a hell of a lot cheaper

pam300.jpg

This is a perfect example of why I love this forum! Put some on night before last and then took it out for a test on backstreet. Rubber wiped right off. A hell of lot quicker and cheaper than Rejex. I'll use it when I don't have time to reapply the Rejex. Thanks Hawgman!

Marc s

NASA AIX
Reaction score
Been stealing Pam out of the kitchen for years. It used to piss my Mom off back in the day. I don't think she was ever convinced I was useing it on the car. Because she saw me carry it outside and throw it in the backseat of my 57 Chevy after I picked up my girl friend.

Anyway, it works good for rubber on the quarter panels too.

jennerik05

Reaction score
Been stealing Pam out of the kitchen for years. It used to piss my Mom off back in the day. I don't think she was ever convinced I was useing it on the car. Because she saw me carry it outside and throw it in the backseat of my 57 Chevy after I picked up my girl friend.

Anyway, it works good for rubber on the quarter panels too.

:roflmao: Poor mom. The stuff that must have been going through her head....

jennerik05

Reaction score
mmmm I have to ask are you serious? :wtf:

Yep. Works like a charm. I thought it sounded odd at first, but then I thought about it. It keeps anything and everything from sticking to a pan when you are cooking, so why wouldn't it work? So, grabbed it and sprayed it on. Did two healthy VHT burnouts. Hardly anything on the car compared to Rejex. I'm a believer. ( And, had I been using my brain, I would have taken pictures.)

RONAELEGT550R

forum member
Reaction score
Good Ole' WD40 works well also. Easy to clean up and shines your car too! I also use it to remove glue thats left behind from decals. It's amazing stuff. Not just a lubricant anymore!:beerdrink:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back