Removing Swirls after buffing

GOTTORQ

Reaction score
Hey fellas,

a couple weeks ago i buffed my car for the first time using a meguiars med-low cut with my buffer (DA type buffer) with a foam pad. and applied a wax after. Car looked great. a week or so went by and i had the car out in the sunlight and i noticed all these very fine swirl marks, holographic like. they have been bugging the hell out of me. What should i do to remove them?

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
M205 unfortunately won't be enough to finish up black to 100%. M205 has a little to much bite and will still show some RIDS on dark colors, if it was a lighter color, I'd say go right from M105 compounding with a light cut/compound pad, right to finish with M205. I hate to say it, but if you're compounding black, you need to go three steps. This is what I've been doing lately with some success.

1. Lake Country Hydrotech Cyan Pad (Sort've equiv to an Orange LC Pad) with the pad primed with Meguiars #105 and a few dots of 105 with a few dots of Megs D300 (cuts down on dusting tremendously)

2. Lake Country Hydrotech Tangerine Pad (Equiv to White LC Pad) with pad primed with Meguiars #205.

3. Lake Country Hydrotech Crimson Pad (Equiv to Gray or Gold LC Pad) with Menzerna PO85RD.

IMO, there is not a polish in this world that finishes better than Menzerna PO85RD, especially on a soft paint black car.

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
You'll definitely have to work them out as Seer suggested ESPECIALLY on a black car.

GOTTORQ

Reaction score
thanks seer i really appreciate all the info. I wish i saw your post earlier. I did some research before you posted and Rasmus posted above about M205. A lot of people posted good things about it. went out and bought some yesterday. Woke up earlier this morning and headed to the garage to try it out. i did half of the car and backed it out into the sunlight to check it out. the M205 really did the trick on it. car looks great. Should i finish this is up with a wax afterwards? any reccommedations?

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
M205 will look good and is a decent finisher. But you can still finish it further. Unfortunately you won't be able to buy menzerna po85rd at a store. But look into it, it will take your finish one step further. Do you own a sun fun or a xenon flash light? That's a way to see if your correction went well.

You will need to wax it after. Another decent finisher you may find in a store is.meguiars D301

GOTTORQ

Reaction score
d4e2a522.jpg

18802005.jpg

fecf499a.jpg

baf57961.jpg

b4374b70.jpg

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
good work... you should buy a red or gold pad, and po85rd and jewel it up :D

GOTTORQ

Reaction score
thanks Seer. you were very helpful! sorry for the quality of the pics, they were taken with an iphone

NeoTokyo

forum member
Reaction score
Damn thats clean. :)

I havnt had any problems like that yet with my DA but if I do I will remember this thread.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back