rePaint Trunk Emblem and Pony

3VPOWA

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
sorry i dont, but it should look like the picture i posted...maybe your spray can had a wrong cap, or you didnt sand enough? not to sound like a douche but next time you should spray some paint on some paper or wood to check for color

Believe me, I CHECKED before I bought the paint to make sure I bought the right kind. :damnit:

And when I sprayed it it looked black.

2010-06-27182130.jpg

And this is how it looks on my car:
gtemblem.jpg

NastyStang113

Made in U.S.A.
Reaction score
Mine came out the same way with flat black. I prepped the shit out of it, primed and even wet sanded in between coats. I ended up just going gloss black and it looks much better.

3VPOWA

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Mine came out the same way with flat black. I prepped the shit out of it, primed and even wet sanded in between coats. I ended up just going gloss black and it looks much better.

I think that's what I'm going to redo it with. :rant:

Redfire_WNL

THE BEAST UNLEASHED!
Reaction score
I was just thinking for the guys who bought satin black, did you guys prime it after you scuffed it up? If you didnt it might be the way the paint reacts to that fake plastic chrome. I would buy automobile primer and prime it with 2 or 3 coats and the spray it with the paint because i have used flat black on my girlfriends emblems that way and it came out fine.
Just a thought.

NastyStang113

Made in U.S.A.
Reaction score
I was just thinking for the guys who bought satin black, did you guys prime it after you scuffed it up? If you didnt it might be the way the paint reacts to that fake plastic chrome. I would buy automobile primer and prime it with 2 or 3 coats and the spray it with the paint because i have used flat black on my girlfriends emblems that way and it came out fine.
Just a thought.

Read my post.. :argh:

281express

forum member
Reaction score
Just a thought.

i actually didnt prime mine when i sprayed. i just wet sanded with soap and 1000grit and it all worked out

808muscle

forum member
Reaction score
Just buy rustoleum for plastic, cap is glossy black. I bought it from home depot.

mfergel

forum member
Reaction score
I've been thinking of doing that. How well does that hold up to rock chips, bugs, etc.? I hate the 'not quite black' look of the plastic as it gets older.

CATNHAT

forum member
Reaction score
did my 08 vert and they still look good today and my 05 roush is holding up well also. cheap easy mod!

EGNARO

Orange Backwards
Reaction score
I'm considering wrapping my rear emblem in CF, any thoughts?

eh, could be weird idk. would be very tough to get it into all the crevaces too.

but give it a shot.. ive got an emblem ill sell you if you wanna try it out and still have an extra

GoinPostal

Reaction score
did some painting last night myself....

Attachments

• 20120617_080303.jpg
    20120617_080303.jpg
    510.6 KB · Views: 24
  • 20120617_080248.jpg
    20120617_080248.jpg
    503.5 KB · Views: 27

Ampire

3 valve
Reaction score
^not a fan of the scoop just because the painted aspect makes it look obviously non-functional, jmo

cgc

Reaction score
I'm going to piggy back off of this thread cause I've done a search and haven't really seen anything like this.

Has anyone "black chromed" their Trunk and Fender Emblems?

I hate the trunk emblem on my 2011. I'll eventually will have it removed and I've been thinking of ways to get it to blend a bit better than plasti dipping or painting it gloss black (the car is black).
Thought a black chrome look, or just some tinted clear might look good.

Anyone do this (I'm sure someone has, I just haven't seen it here).

Thanks

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back