replace Vortech 6 ribs setup

Metallicats

forum member
Reaction score
I have a low budget this year and the exchange(canada vs USA are expensive),but I have money to do somethings and I want to know if I waste my money.Now I run vortech v3 with 6 ribs belt with 3.33 pulley.Change for 8 ribs conversion with reichard racing pulley and Shelby gt500 crank pulley it is a good idea ????? Hope to have some gain ???

Now on a mustang dyno,I have 621rwhp,10.95@136mph 1.92 sixty foot

o2sys

forum member
Reaction score
The GT500 is a dual belt harmonic balancer, not sure what year your mustang is but won't work. You need the crank from a sn95 cobra or some Ford Van/truck.

Also Vortech sells the 8-rib kit and/or you can piece together your own using their part numbers.

There are some spacers and washers to convert the Vortech mouthing plate to a 8-rib as well.

Wild White Pony

forum member
Reaction score
IMO I would just purchase the Vortech 8rib upgrade, whatever your doing now your really doing it well with that ET and HP and jeeeez the trap speed. I purchased the 8rib upgrade from Vortech and happy with the kit. I'm running a 2.95 pulley with a 10% O.D. for setup, the room you have to down size should get that 60ft going, I can't imagine what number you will put up, wow congrats... V3 power....boss

Metallicats

forum member
Reaction score
The GT500 is a dual belt harmonic balancer, not sure what year your mustang is but won't work. You need the crank from a sn95 cobra or some Ford Van/truck.

Also Vortech sells the 8-rib kit and/or you can piece together your own using their part numbers.

There are some spacers and washers to convert the Vortech mouthing plate to a 8-rib as well.

BilletProShop try on another mustang and tell me it work fine.......I really don't know

Metallicats

forum member
Reaction score
IMO I would just purchase the Vortech 8rib upgrade, whatever your doing now your really doing it well with that ET and HP and jeeeez the trap speed. I purchased the 8rib upgrade from Vortech and happy with the kit. I'm running a 2.95 pulley with a 10% O.D. for setup, the room you have to down size should get that 60ft going, I can't imagine what number you will put up, wow congrats... V3 power....boss

thanks,I se on some sites and Vortech the kit are for sale at 839$ and another at 599$...I don't know what is the difference

o2sys

forum member
Reaction score
You can price it together for much less, which is what I'm doing atm.

degmidget

forum member
Reaction score
Awesome numbers whats ur set up? How much boost?

UOTE=Metallicats;2296857]I have a low budget this year and the exchange(canada vs USA are expensive),but I have money to do somethings and I want to know if I waste my money.Now I run vortech v3 with 6 ribs belt with 3.33 pulley.Change for 8 ribs conversion with reichard racing pulley and Shelby gt500 crank pulley it is a good idea ????? Hope to have some gain ???

Now on a mustang dyno,I have 621rwhp,10.95@136mph 1.92 sixty foot[/QUOTE]

Metallicats

forum member
Reaction score
Awesome numbers whats ur set up? How much boost?

UOTE=Metallicats;2296857]I have a low budget this year and the exchange(canada vs USA are expensive),but I have money to do somethings and I want to know if I waste my money.Now I run vortech v3 with 6 ribs belt with 3.33 pulley.Change for 8 ribs conversion with reichard racing pulley and Shelby gt500 crank pulley it is a good idea ????? Hope to have some gain ???

Now on a mustang dyno,I have 621rwhp,10.95@136mph 1.92 sixty foot
[/QUOTE]

302E shortblock from jdm,ported heads,127550 comp cams,JPC intake,62mm ford racing throttle body,fore fuel rail,60lbs injectors,vortech V3 non intercooled 3.33 pulley size (12psi boost),water/meth injection,anderson powerpipe,tr6060,mcleod rtx clutch,dynotech driveshaft,Currie 9 inch diff,3.89 gear,all suspension by BMR with tokiko d-spec front and Viking rear

Scott

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
thanks,I se on some sites and Vortech the kit are for sale at 839$ and another at 599$...I don't know what is the difference

The more expensive one comes with a damper. I recommend the kit with out the damper and add a Innovators West standard or 10% OD 8-Rib damper.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back