Replacement parts needed for tri-ax

RyanS197

forum member
Reaction score
Howdy,
I am installing the tri-axe i had in my old car before it burned to the ground, but i seem to have misplaced the linkage bushing. What are the chances of getting just the bushing? I can take a pic tommorow at work if you need to see what i mean.
I was going to use one of the plastic bushings from the stocker and machine some spacers at work, but i think id rather be sure its perfect.
Thanks

LOL-----> :2g1c:

Rangersfan

forum member
Reaction score
Howdy,
I am installing the tri-axe i had in my old car before it burned to the ground, but i seem to have misplaced the linkage bushing. What are the chances of getting just the bushing? I can take a pic tommorow at work if you need to see what i mean.
I was going to use one of the plastic bushings from the stocker and machine some spacers at work, but i think id rather be sure its perfect.
Thanks

LOL-----> :2g1c:

If it's the little bushing I'm thinking you need, that is a Ford part. Get me a picture

RyanS197

forum member
Reaction score
Here ya go

Its the one that connects the linkage to the shifter. The stock ford bushings are plastic and too narrow.

These are the stock plastic ones

Rangersfan

forum member
Reaction score
Those are Ford only. I don't have anything to replace them. A dealership will be the place to go for them.

RyanS197

forum member
Reaction score
The plastic pcs. in the 2nd pic are not what i need. Theres an adapter bushing that replaces those because the knucle on the steeda shifter is narrower than the stock shifter. I know for a fact that one came with my shifter when i bought it. It wasnt on the car when i got it and i didnt go to ford to buy a bushing when i installed the shifter the first time. Are you absolutely certain that part didnt come with the shifter? because i see no way possible to install it if thats the way they come when bought new from steeda.

I appologize ahead of time if i seem like im being an ass, i dont mean to be its just the day im having at work.

doogie

forum member
Reaction score
I can't seem to find a picture of it, but isn't there a brass u-shaped bushing that can be used to eliminate the factory plastic bushings that you folks make? Which is what I think the OP is referring to. I picked one up from Gus for my Pro 5.0.

Rangersfan

forum member
Reaction score
Ah, I misunderstood, I thought you needed the other bushing. I can get you the u-shaped bracket. Give us a call, and we can hook you up.

RyanS197

forum member
Reaction score
Im sorry, whats the u-shaped bracket look like? Does that go between the transmission linkage and the knucle on the shifter(or what you may see a faint red circle around in the first pic)?

Rangersfan

forum member
Reaction score
Im sorry, whats the u-shaped bracket look like? Does that go between the transmission linkage and the knucle on the shifter(or what you may see a faint red circle around in the first pic)?

that's exactly where it goes.

RyanS197

forum member
Reaction score
Ahh i see what the confusion was, I think i must have a real old version of the tri-ax. When i bought mine it didnt have the u shaped adapter, it actually had a round metal bushing that completely replaced the factory plastic ones, but the clearences were extremely tight and took a while for it to break in. I like the new design much better.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back