Return issue with American muscle

The01Cav

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah I think AmericanMuscle.com has lost a customer after this. You tell me a label will be sent within 10 minutes. I wait an hour, nothing. Call back yeah ummm not sure why it didn't go through I promise it will be through in 10 minutes, wait 2 hours and still nothing... Call again and get oh sorry looks like someone made a mistake and never put it through, it will go through first thing tomorrow morning since our department is out for the day. Here it is 11 am and I get well now it will take 24-48 hours for it to go through. So maybe by the end of the day you'll see it.

I guess it's my turn to be had by American Muscle and I probably will not be a returning customer after this. Next step is I get in my damn truck and personally hand return it to them.

KatoS197

forum member
Reaction score
This is nuts. I'm sure you've noticed, as well, there's been quite a few instances of this kind of service lately. And this scares me, I'm about to place an order for 5-6 various items and American Muscle, for right now, has my entire list.

I've ordered many times and have had nothing short of a perfect experience, and I do understand that mistakes happen. However, I also understand that everyone that's posted with an issue lately, it didn't seem to be an extenuating circumstance or due to the customer/fellow S197 member being unreasonable. And that's what's making me a little iffy on placing this large order with them.

AMAlexLazarus

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Yeah I think AmericanMuscle.com has lost a customer after this. You tell me a label will be sent within 10 minutes. I wait an hour, nothing. Call back yeah ummm not sure why it didn't go through I promise it will be through in 10 minutes, wait 2 hours and still nothing... Call again and get oh sorry looks like someone made a mistake and never put it through, it will go through first thing tomorrow morning since our department is out for the day. Here it is 11 am and I get well now it will take 24-48 hours for it to go through. So maybe by the end of the day you'll see it.

I guess it's my turn to be had by American Muscle and I probably will not be a returning customer after this. Next step is I get in my damn truck and personally hand return it to them.

@The01Cav - Apologies for the delay but I'm more than happy to physically print and mail a label for you. I know for a fact that they have a tendency to get pushed right to a spam email bin.

Care to share your order number so I can fix this right now?

I don't want you to feel like you've been "had" when we're just trying to get product back!

Sorry about the trouble again but no need to drive something back when we're covering the shipping.

Alex

The01Cav

forum member
Reaction score
This is the first time I've had an issue and will be the last. I'm just glad it's not a part that is a make or break of my car going back together, but it's bs nonetheless. It was a blackout panel that had the corner broken off from what I feel was horrible packing. I ordered it very early Tuesday morning and had it Wednesday. They sure don't make the same effort to get a replacement out to you or a return. I guess I have to wait and go through the shipping company since it was "damaged during shipping". Maybe now I'll just start dealing with Late model restoration and stage 3 Motorsports for stuff.

The01Cav

forum member
Reaction score
My order number was 7854274 and the rma is 269562

Thank you Alex. I've looked and nothing is in any spam folders. I always check there.

AMAlexLazarus

Official Vendor
Reaction score
This is nuts. I'm sure you've noticed, as well, there's been quite a few instances of this kind of service lately. And this scares me, I'm about to place an order for 5-6 various items and American Muscle, for right now, has my entire list.

I've ordered many times and have had nothing short of a perfect experience, and I do understand that mistakes happen. However, I also understand that everyone that's posted with an issue lately, it didn't seem to be an extenuating circumstance or due to the customer/fellow S197 member being unreasonable.

And that's what's making me a little iffy on placing this large order with them.

@KatoS197 - This is a completely unrelated issue; When we have returns set up (pending the return) a UPS return label is automatically generated and sent.

Of the small issues posted recently they've been in relation to "What's in stock" and "What's not in stock"

If you'd like to make an order I'm happy to be your personal shopper and not only that, I'll pick, pack, and personally ship your order; From the shelf, to the truck...and take pictures of the entire process and post them here with a smile on my face while doing so.

Obviously if it's a part that's not in our warehouse and offsite, I can't be in 2 states at once.

My offer stands and I've done this before for others no questions asked!

AMAlexLazarus

Official Vendor
Reaction score
My order number was 7854274 and the rma is 269562

Thank you Alex. I've looked and nothing is in any spam folders. I always check there.

@The01Cav - Found your order and can see it's pending as we speak.

I'm going to head down and pack your replacement for you and I'll post up some pictures and I'll personally make sure that the tag is created and I'll follow up once I'm back from our warehouse.

Stay Tuned.

Alex

KatoS197

forum member
Reaction score
@KatoS197 - This is a completely unrelated issue; When we have returns set up (pending the return) a UPS return label is automatically generated and sent.

Of the small issues posted recently they've been in relation to "What's in stock" and "What's not in stock"

If you'd like to make an order I'm happy to be your personal shopper and not only that, I'll pick, pack, and personally ship your order; From the shelf, to the truck...and take pictures of the entire process and post them here with a smile on my face while doing so.

Obviously if it's a part that's not in our warehouse and offsite, I can't be in 2 states at once.

My offer stands and I've done this before for others no questions asked!

I realize this is a separate kind of issue, but it's the number of issues, in general that seem to have been happening lately. Again, I'll gladly tell anyone that my experience with American Muscle has been flawless. However, I would think that most people would become slightly skittish to place a larger order when seeing an increased number of issues, of all kinds, lately.

I appreciate your willingness to go above and beyond, even though I haven't placed an order yet. I'll be in touch, Alex.

Cav, I'm glad you got your stuff sorted out, bud. Didn't mean to thread-jack.

The01Cav

forum member
Reaction score
@The01Cav - Found your order and can see it's pending as we speak.

I'm going to head down and pack your replacement for you and I'll post up some pictures and I'll personally make sure that the tag is created and I'll follow up once I'm back from our warehouse.

Stay Tuned.

Alex

Alex thank you for your help. I understand it's a large company, I had just purchased gen5 tails the day before and was very happy with them and they came perfect. I don't want to be hassle to anyone, but I also want to make sure that I get my replacement in a timely manor. Like I've said I've always had great experience in the past with American muscle and I would like to continue to have great experiences. I was hoping to pick up a roush front bumper kit in the future.

The01Cav

forum member
Reaction score
I realize this is a separate kind of issue, but it's the number of issues, in general that seem to have been happening lately. Again, I'll gladly tell anyone that my experience with American Muscle has been flawless. However, I would think that most people would become slightly skittish to place a larger order when seeing an increased number of issues, of all kinds, lately.

I appreciate your willingness to go above and beyond, even though I haven't placed an order yet. I'll be in touch, Alex.

Cav, I'm glad you got your stuff sorted out, bud. Didn't mean to thread-jack.

No worries.

AMAlexLazarus

Official Vendor
Reaction score
I realize this is a separate kind of issue, but it's the number of issues, in general that seem to have been happening lately. Again, I'll gladly tell anyone that my experience with American Muscle has been flawless.

However, I would think that most people would become slightly skittish to place a larger order when seeing an increased number of issues, of all kinds, lately.

So I did some digging and the issues here be it "In stock" "Out of Stock" (We're working with our vendors to have a live inventory and I'll admit that there's snags in the process; We're going to be moving in this direction in order to get our customers their parts that much faster.

As per the issue at hand here see below.

Alex thank you for your help. I understand it's a large company, I had just purchased gen5 tails the day before and was very happy with them and they came perfect. I don't want to be hassle to anyone, but I also want to make sure that I get my replacement in a timely manor. Like I've said I've always had great experience in the past with American muscle and I would like to continue to have great experiences. I was hoping to pick up a roush front bumper kit in the future.

First and foremost, Not a hassle at all! This is what I'm here for.

There's a thread on here from November of last year (I can dig it up) where I woke my warehouse manager up on a Saturday to let me into the warehouse (Under his supervision of course!) to pull parts for a gent.

We're here to help no matter what.

I would've come down there and delivered it in my truck myself if I had to. I could've stopped by Little Italy too. Good chow!

So I saw on the order that there was a "Damage Claim" set up and it's 100% our fault that this was not effectively communicated to you. Again, our fault.

The reason the UPS Return Label wasn't sent out automatically is because whenever we have a claim set up with UPS they (and AM) asks that you hold onto the parts/box etc. for around a week or so.

This is so that in the event that a field rep wants to come out to inspect the package they will - About 2/5 times they will but other instances they will tell us, to tell our customers to discard the parts.

This is right off our site:

[IMGLINK]http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f234/amalexlazarus/damage%20claim_zpsgvzmfruw.jpg[/IMGLINK]

So now that being said? here's your replacement.

[IMGLINK]http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f234/amalexlazarus/THE%20CAV%202_zps3oouvmo6.jpg[/IMGLINK]

I promise the end my hand is covering was fine!

I packed the corners heavily too, I know they're a weak area.

[IMGLINK]http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f234/amalexlazarus/THE%20CAV%201_zps3rr7e3a7.jpg[/IMGLINK]

This will be shipping today and you'll have it tomorrow and for the record, hang onto the damaged/first order for about a week!

Once UPS tells us what they want to do we will let you know!

Let me know if there's anything else I can help out with.

Alex

The01Cav

forum member
Reaction score
So I did some digging and the issues here be it "In stock" "Out of Stock" (We're working with our vendors to have a live inventory and I'll admit that there's snags in the process; We're going to be moving in this direction in order to get our customers their parts that much faster.

As per the issue at hand here see below.

First and foremost, Not a hassle at all! This is what I'm here for.

There's a thread on here from November of last year (I can dig it up) where I woke my warehouse manager up on a Saturday to let me into the warehouse (Under his supervision of course!) to pull parts for a gent.

We're here to help no matter what.

I would've come down there and delivered it in my truck myself if I had to. I could've stopped by Little Italy too. Good chow!

So I saw on the order that there was a "Damage Claim" set up and it's 100% our fault that this was not effectively communicated to you. Again, our fault.

The reason the UPS Return Label wasn't sent out automatically is because whenever we have a claim set up with UPS they (and AM) asks that you hold onto the parts/box etc. for around a week or so.

This is so that in the event that a field rep wants to come out to inspect the package they will - About 2/5 times they will but other instances they will tell us, to tell our customers to discard the parts.

This is right off our site:

[IMGLINK]http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f234/amalexlazarus/damage%20claim_zpsgvzmfruw.jpg[/IMGLINK]

So now that being said? here's your replacement.

[IMGLINK]http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f234/amalexlazarus/THE%20CAV%202_zps3oouvmo6.jpg[/IMGLINK]

I promise the end my hand is covering was fine!

I packed the corners heavily too, I know they're a weak area.

[IMGLINK]http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f234/amalexlazarus/THE%20CAV%201_zps3rr7e3a7.jpg[/IMGLINK]

This will be shipping today and you'll have it tomorrow and for the record, hang onto the damaged/first order for about a week!

Once UPS tells us what they want to do we will let you know!

Let me know if there's anything else I can help out with.

Alex

Alex, it's things like this that will keep me as a customer, thank you again for going above and beyond! Hopefully my next big purchase will be the roush front fascia kit.

AMAlexLazarus

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Alex, it's things like this that will keep me as a customer, thank you again for going above and beyond! Hopefully my next big purchase will be the roush front fascia kit.

All in a days work sir. Don't hesitate to let me know if there's anything else I can ever help out with, I'm always watching!

Your replacement is out for delivery as we speak. Let me know if there's any issues.

Alex

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Alex, you rule!

^^^ Alex has been awesome to deal with, he's set up countless quotes for me and I've turned most of them into orders that were quickly delivered, damage-free.

Not something i can say for LMR by the way ...

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Every single company has it's problems from time to time. My opinion is this.... the true measure of a company is how they deal with their problems.

If they are honest, communicate and fix the problem quickly, that's a win. Sometimes good companies drop the ball on one or more of those three and it dings them. But they go above and beyond to fix it and then they get it right the next 5 times. All good companies strive for the best the first time, but sometimes things happen.

And sometimes, the customer is being unrealistic. Things can go sideways on both ends.

AMAlexLazarus

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Alex, you rule!

^^^ Alex has been awesome to deal with, he's set up countless quotes for me and I've turned most of them into orders that were quickly delivered, damage-free.

Not something i can say for LMR by the way ...

Thanks for the kind words Gabe, I'm always happy to help out whenever I can!

Thanks again for your continued support and business sir.

Every single company has it's problems from time to time. My opinion is this.... the true measure of a company is how they deal with their problems.

If they are honest, communicate and fix the problem quickly, that's a win.

Sometimes good companies drop the ball on one or more of those three and it dings them.

But they go above and beyond to fix it and then they get it right the next 5 times. All good companies strive for the best the first time, but sometimes things happen.

And sometimes, the customer is being unrealistic. Things can go sideways on both ends.

@tjm73 - I try every day brother!

It would be silly to say that we're flawless; Every company no matter the service will always have hiccups and I would agree with you 100% on the honestly and how it's handled.

Always around to help out guys so please don't hesitate to let me know if there's ever anything I need to hear about.

Alex

The01Cav

forum member
Reaction score
:beer:
26729010013_a902210336_b.jpg

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back