Road Trip

JC SSP

Reaction score
Holy cow! Modern rent-a-racer!!!!!

Enjoy and take as many pics as you can.

Hey is that a 77-78 Firebird in the garage?

Last edited:

07 Boss

Reaction score
What's the daily rental? Did you get it from Hertz or Touro?

Hertz. Not sure. I had a bunch of free standard rentals and they converted them over to this and knocked a few days off. After taxes and fees I think it was like just over $300 for 8 days.

07 Boss

Reaction score
Say what??? Someone not dropping in an LS?
Nice car.

So, how was the road trip? Where did you visit?

Yeah, I'm old school though, I may go with fuel injection instead of two 4-barrels.

I went to Seattle via Twin falls. 2200 miles round trip. Much of that was through the Northern Nevada desert and rather boring. I took a bunch of pictures but because I was driving many were no good. Either not framed properly, bad lighting or focusing on the dirty windshield instead of the scenery. Here are a few.

Not much to look at in Nevada.

Long boring road. Probably went 30-40 miles without turning the steering wheel.

I did get to open her up a bit on Nv Hwy 318 where they hold the Silver State Classic Challenge which is an open class road race on a public hwy. I think the record is about 220 mph. I hit 145 but as I reached for my camera I hit a slight elevation change in the road which made me pucker and let off before I got the pic. I should have recorded the track data.

End of the straight road, gotta turn soon as the mountains are in the way.

Eastern Oregon and Washington were mostly rolling agriculture before the mountains.

Didn't do much touristy stuff as I have family and in-laws up there and spent a lot of time visiting but a great pic of the ball parks and a couple from the Museum of Flight which was pretty cool.

Had to put the P-51 in the foreground.

Couple of my favorites.

Couple more pics from the drive home.

And back through the desert.

Almost Home.

We did have an issue on the trip. We had a bird strike taking off from Oregon on the last day.

Couple of other miscellaneous pics of the car at various truck or rest stops and random scenery.

Pretty successful road trip overall. Made really good time on the way up as a couple other cars and myself paced between 90-100 mph for quite a ways. Pretty much the only traffic I encountered was around Twin Falls. Most of the drive were two and four lane hwys so there was quite a bit of passing over the dotted line. I did get stopped in Nevada and received a verbal as I was clocked doing 93 mph hour passing a couple of trucks. On the four lane roads I was happy to see most rural drivers use the hwy properly and only use the left lane for passing and hanging out for the right lane. It was actually refreshing to see people doing this propery. Speed limits were very reasonable as most hwys in NV were 70 and much of the drive through idaho and such the speed limit was 80 mph. I think I had my cruise control set on 90 for much of the time.

Last edited:

XJCasper

forum member
Reaction score
Familier with many of the roads tour discussing. Have taken the drive from the Puget Sound to Vegas a fue times. We come back through SLC.

Great trip and nice writeup. Love the pics.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back