Roush axleback info... (moved 2011)

mpf

forum member
Reaction score
Kinda lame post, but for those who are looking for a quality kit, roush fits the need, I have no affiliation, btw.
Install really easy, this new generation of exhaust joining is so nice, like an aircraft component with it's ball+socket scheme, alignment is a snap.
All stainless, both Ford and the roush, older guy here really digging the value!
I did it in 1.5 hrs, the drivers side is 2/3 of that, you must prop up and away the original pipe, a collection of wood served well.
All the OEM style clamps provided.
HAND POLISHED can, I am a tool+die maker, so that was a nice touch, I could smell the buffing compounds.
Call roush-yates racing, in NC. They discount $30 with no haggling.
Had the things in hand 2 days later, after waiting 45 days for a set of the GT500 mufflers that never arrived.
And finally, the sound is great, upon cold start there is a serious bark, sounds like a freakin racecar.
No drone on hiway. 1/2 throttle and up, it's loud.
Weighed them, you will save 25 lbs.
roush.jpg

bigbelly

not safe for work
Reaction score
Nice post! I am waiting to see if Ford sells their Boss 302 quad exhaust early next year. If not, it's ROUSH!

RSKtakR

Reaction score
this is the same kit im putting on my 5.0 as well.. i LOVE the sound of these!!

JimIII@JDM

Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
This really is an awesome kit! We offer them here as well for $369 and have sold a few sets. They are a gorgeous set of mufflers that install easy and sound great!

mpf

forum member
Reaction score
This really is an awesome kit! We offer them here as well for $369 and have sold a few sets. They are a gorgeous set of mufflers that install easy and sound great!

Bump for vendor...right from Roush in Livonia, $400, I paid 370. I wish this forum had a spot-on search for parts. Maybe sellers could keep a current, simple text file of all parts offered, and that would trigger a 'hit' upon a search??

DDTCM

Dan
Reaction score
Ordered mine on Tuesday from American Muscle for $399.Hoping to get them by saturday.

jsnyng

Reaction score
Here's a quick clip of mine I shot this afternoon. I didn't rev it above 2,500 RPM because it was a cold start and the car hadn't been driven, but you get the point. It sounds mean starting up.

For some reason the embed doesn't seem to be working, so here's the link. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWYfZ6I7i0c

DDTCM

Dan
Reaction score
Did you disconnect the over axels from the H? Also did you need to unbolt the hangers like on previous years or can just be slid in and the h be reconnected? Just need a couple tips or any advice before I get started.

GrabberBooGT

forum member
Reaction score
Did you disconnect the over axels from the H? Also did you need to unbolt the hangers like on previous years or can just be slid in and the h be reconnected? Just need a couple tips or any advice before I get started.

They are a breeze to install. The directions say to loosen the bolts at the H-pipe, but I didn't find that necessary.

After loosening the clamps that hold the stock axle backs on, you'll just need to "create separation" between the 'over axle' pipes and the axle back in order to have enough room to slide the mufflers back and off the hangers. I put small blocks of wood between the 'over axle' pipes and a cross member bar (don't know what it is called) that hangs below the pipes in order to prop up the mid-pipes and get the separation from the mufflers.

I didn't even need to jack the car up, and I'm no light weight. From start to finish, the job was done in 45 minutes.

DDTCM

Dan
Reaction score
Yeah, got em on.It was a breeze, much easier than the 07 and they sound great.No drone at all.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back