Roush M90 supporting mods question

1SonicGT

forum member
Reaction score
Hey guys I recieved my M90 yesterday from 19cobra93, thanks again man, but have some questions. I have the 90mm idler from my GT500 and was wondering if I could use it for the 2.49 pulley from VMP. Is it compatible or does VMP and brenspeed offer a specialized idler for the roush? Second question is I didn't recieve the stock airbox and I have a JLT intake. Is it possible to rig the JLT intake to the roush air tube? Like exp, cut down the black JLT tube and use clamps to attach it to the roush air tube. Is this possible at all?

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Can't help you with the JLT, but you will need the 90mm idler if you get the 2.49" VMP pulley in order for the belt to fit. With the large blower pulley you use the stock idler. Look at the difference between these two pictures (the idler pulley is partially obscured in the second pic).

IMG_1873.jpg

IMG_2197.jpg

Last edited:

1SonicGT

forum member
Reaction score
What I was asking is if the metco I have from my GT500 will work or if I have to buy a specialty one from brenspeed or vmp.

Captainstr8edge

Hardcore Superhero
Reaction score
I have a metco 2.57 pulley I will sell you for $80 shipped if you want it. Never been used, just have to make sure you have a keyed pulley and not a press fit which is the mistake I made.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
It shouldn't matter as long as the pulley is 90mm and in good shape. You can buy a cheapo replacement idler pulley from the corner auto parts store or you can spend a bunch of money on something with lots of bling. I bought the VMP pulley because I was there and that's what he had.

1SonicGT

forum member
Reaction score
Might hit you up captain! Anyone know if the JLT will work if properly tuned with the roushcharger?

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Best supporting mod you can do is remove m90 and isntall a tvs. :crazy: lol

Last edited:

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hehehe!

Honestly though, you can spend money on ovedrive crank, smaller upper pulley, cai, cams, longtubes only to get 440-450rwhp with iats on the hotter side or you can just buy the tvs and run the same power on an otherwise stock motor with cooler iat's. Just saying lol

Last edited:

Mustang30212

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hehehe!

Honestly though, you can spend money on ovedrive crank, smaller upper pulley, cai, cams, longtubes only to get 440-450rwhp with iats on the hotter side or you can just buy the tvs and run the same power on an otherwise stock motor with cooler iat's. Just saying lol

My IAT's never got above 120 on 93 degree day on the dyno with just a fan blowing across the nose of the car.

Plus I dont' have as much concern about scattering the shortblock at 440hp either.

RH

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Just playing devils advocate Ron! It's not super cost effective to add supporting mods and get good power gains in the end. Sure is safe though! I would do blower pulley and cai and call it a day, longubes wouldnt hurt either.

Did I mention my iats are around 90 degrees at 16psi on an 80 degree day :) lol

1SonicGT

forum member
Reaction score
Just playing devils advocate Ron! It's not super cost effective to add supporting mods and get good power gains in the end. Sure is safe though! I would do blower pulley and cai and call it a day, longubes wouldnt hurt either.

Already have longtubes and O/R H so that helps. Also have a JLT CAI so I am going to swap the filter over so theres my CAI. So all I really need is to decide on the pulley size.

I have a JLT intake on mine.

Thanks man!

So is there a big difference between the 2.49 pulley and the 2.57 pulley?? deciding which one to get.

Mustang30212

S197 Team Member
Reaction score

That's pretty low. Is it common on turbo cars to run lower AIT's. I'm spinning mine pretty hard with the 2.57 pulley and 10% O/D crank pulley.

RH

Captainstr8edge

Hardcore Superhero
Reaction score
Already have longtubes and O/R H so that helps. Also have a JLT CAI so I am going to swap the filter over so theres my CAI. So all I really need is to decide on the pulley size.

Thanks man!

So is there a big difference between the 2.49 pulley and the 2.57 pulley?? deciding which one to get.

Honestly, .08 is not going to be much of a difference. Probably 5-10 horse, im really just guessing here though.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back