roush SC..

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
I was being ironic - tuners will ramp up throttle/torque vs. pedal position rates to make the car seem faster. 1/2 throttle is now commanding way more torque, sensitivity off the bottom is picked up, etc.

Sorry, my irony detector must be broken today.:wink:

You're 100% right. I wonder how many people that think PD blowers have "too much" power down low have an on/off switch for a throttle. Or just plain need a driver mod.

If PD blowers have "too much" power down low why do the OEM's use them on EVERYTHING? It sure isn't cost. A centri costs far less to produce.

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
so what is an acceptable tire size for a street driven pd blower? as suspension? lol ill be going supercharger soon and im looking at the vortech just so i can put the power to the ground. instand torque looks like alot of fun though

I have one theory when it comes to rims/tires. Put the biggest ones that you can stuff under there on. More tire = more traction. And bigger tires look better too. As long as they aren't sticking out of the fenders of course.

On a S197 I like to see a 295 at a minimum. Preferably a 305 or 315.

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
so what is an acceptable tire size for a street driven pd blower? And suspension? lol I'll be going supercharger soon and I'm looking at the vortech just so I can put the power to the ground. Instant torque looks like a lot of fun though

A 285-40-18 on a 10" wide rim with a 42-45mm offset, and 300 tread wear rated tires would be a bare bones minimum. A 305 or 315 on a 11" rim would be optimum. Then you have to deal with wheel hop / traction. If the car is lowered at all, like 1" or 1.25" on the rear, I'd toss the oem lca's and uca, and use aftermarket, like BMR lca / uca. Adj uca is not much more $. Then you will also require lca relocate brackets like the BMR (allows for a 2-3-4" drop) or the WL lca relocate...which is fixed at a 3" drop. Both are built the same way with laminated 1/4" + 3/16" steel plates. Both have the extra steel tongue up the back side..and both are bolted in 3 places, and don't require welding. ( The steeda is bolted in only 1 place and requires welding). You want the lca's lower at axle end. If the car is lowered and you don't use lca re-locate brackets, and axle end of lca's is higher, you will be taking weight off the rear axle when you put your foot into it..and end up with axle hop + wheel spin. If using the BMR relocates, use the middle holes = 3" drop.

Then tweak rear air pressures accordingly for street use, like 26-32 psi. You don't want to end up with a huge stagger between fronts and rears either, or the car will have a tendency to over steer on corners. A 285 or 295 on a 10" rim on the front will solve that problem. Or at least a 275 on a 9" rim.

Last edited:

Clipboard

forum member
Reaction score
I have one theory when it comes to rims/tires. Put the biggest ones that you can stuff under there on. More tire = more traction. And bigger tires look better too. As long as they aren't sticking out of the fenders of course.

im hoping to get away with 275/35r19 mpss XD i have a 9.5" wheel with a +30 offset in the back and im pushing it as far as the tire sticking out from the fender lol. i might have to look into a new set of wheels :(

deepimpact

forum member
Reaction score
It's crazy but I have no wheel hop at all and all I did was 50 50 drag shocks all the rest is stock for now but will upgrade it all when I buy the whole SC setup. I'm just ready to blow the doors off any Chevy haha I'm already whoopin up on those new vettes those things suck for the price they look good but that's all

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
Agree. My M&H 275/45/18 are coming off soon and mickey thompson R in 305/45/18 go on next. It's going to be a pretty tall tire. Hoping I don't regret it. Looking to get a little more traction on the street with the new ones and at the race track next time out on ms109. Taller sidewall and width should help.

The extra height is a mixed bag. Chews up a little power but gives you better sidewall. Hoping I don't regret this.

Only time I've had wheel hop was when I didn't get the burnout right and it was spinning some in 1st. When it hooked I never had that issue. BMR lowers/upper and stock everything else.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back