RPM issue?

balls8302

Reaction score
this all started about about a 3 or 4 days ago. 06 gt with steeda cai and brenspeed tunes. while running the ac, the rpm's are fluttering more than usual when the car is in neutral or when stopped at a light in gear. having to give it a lot more throttle to take off without bogging down(near dying). and today while taking a slow turn in second gear(off the gas), the car died. did just switch from 87 to 93 on this last tank. problem didn't start until i was already through about half tank so i doubt its got anything to do with that. car was fine up until now...

any ideas on what the issue might be? car idles normal when ac is off, but its never had this issue with the ac on until now

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
First I would try to reset your Idle trims there is a procedure fot it. Reload your tune and/or disconnect the battery for 30 mins. Start the car and let it idle with ac off for 5 mins, turn ac on high and let idle for 5mins. The pcm should relearn the idle trims. If your still having a problem after that, I would contact brenspeed as it may be in the tune.

cwhit23

forum member
Reaction score
I was having a similar issue, I cleaned my throttle body with crc throttle body cleaner, and cleaned my maf sensor with crc maf cleaner. My car idles great now, ac on or off, no issues what so ever.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
this all started about about a 3 or 4 days ago. 06 gt with steeda cai and brenspeed tunes. while running the ac, the rpm's are fluttering more than usual when the car is in neutral or when stopped at a light in gear. having to give it a lot more throttle to take off without bogging down(near dying). and today while taking a slow turn in second gear(off the gas), the car died. did just switch from 87 to 93 on this last tank. problem didn't start until i was already through about half tank so i doubt its got anything to do with that. car was fine up until now...

any ideas on what the issue might be? car idles normal when ac is off, but its never had this issue with the ac on until now

Did you also switch tunes? There is a seperate ac idle speed, if you just tried a new tune it could be that it was overlooked by the tuner.

balls8302

Reaction score
tried the resets, and reloaded the tune again, no change. i've had the tunes for almost a year and a half and the car just now started acting like this. i've ran the tunes before with no issues. its run fine in hot/cold weather until now. next up is the cleaning as mentioned above and hopefully it'll work.

Thereaper

forum member
Reaction score
I was having a similar issue, I cleaned my throttle body with crc throttle body cleaner, and cleaned my maf sensor with crc maf cleaner. My car idles great now, ac on or off, no issues what so ever.

^^^^ This never hurts and will fix most idle problems.

balls8302

Reaction score
hopefully this will be sorted out by next Wednesday, driving ten hours to Toronto for my brothers wedding....just now thought of it

i'll try the cleaning tomorrow after work, and report back

TheKid

Reaction score

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^ , mine was doing the same thing ... even died a couple of times from the rpms falling so far when i depressed the clutch when stopping ....
The AC made my idle issue worse as well, i guessed the additional load made just enough difference ...
Cleaned the throttle body and MAF with CRC and fixed it immediately .... now it gets cleaned every other oil change and never even a hint of the problem since

balls8302

Reaction score
figured i'd chime in and say that cleaning the tb and maf did the trick. the car runs a lot better, especially when accelerating at low rpms, basically feels brand new again. i was surprised, i could actually feel a difference, very noticeable. not sure if its just a local thing or not but advanced auto is running a sale on the crc products. buy the maf cleaner, get the tb cleaner free...worth checking into if your out or running low

thanks for the tips guys, much appreciated

Back