S/C... whats in the pipeline?

Joach

forum member
Reaction score
Believe most of us, the ones still not converted, are looking out for different options on which S/C or Turbo to choose from.... understand there are upgrades every now and then and would hate to buy the KB 2.6L just to find out that the 2.8L is released a few weeks later. Same for the Roushcharger, when will the latest upgrade be released and so on...

Question would then be, what is going on and what is known from the manufacturers?

Saleen... anything new on the way, except the JDM intake??

Roush... have seen any more information from JDM, nor Roush...

KB... 2.8L.. what else?

Whipple... ??

Paxton... ??

What else is there, rumours/hearsay in the pipelines ready to be launched.... in the category of power (getting it planted is a different ball game!)

I just dont need to be first with the latest, but at least not last with the old...

Joach

forum member
Reaction score
So if I follow that correctly, '05 S197s should be slower than '08s?

Not if it is based on the same specs.... same same but different... there where no major upgrades between '05 and '08 right...?

05mustang_TT_charged

Because Race Car!!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
JDM is making the intake for the Saleen's
Roush has the new 2.3L TVS Twinscrew Blower
Kenne Bell said 2.8L will be the biggest
Whipple working on a 3.4L 3V set up<--Not confirmed with Whipple just Internet hear say.
Paxon,Procharger,Vortech, all have the same since 05

nmeofdst82

STY RMY
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well, I was lucky enough to get the personal tour around the Whipple shop from Art Whipple a few weeks ago waiting on some "slow asses" to get there (haha).

He showed me the intake, screws and housing to the 4.0L blower there making. When I asked him would they be able to fit on a 3V or 4V only...he kind of went back and forth...so?

I did see a double supercharger setup on one intake back there....That shit looked SICCCKKKK (like a Frankencharger)! says they put them on marine applications where the boats have 2 engines putting out 1300hp each. Boats go 170mph! WTF

Joach

forum member
Reaction score
Frankencharger

Frankencharger.... what's that, Whipple KB or a Whipped Vortech??

What about the KB Mammoth.... does anyone have this setup?

2kanchoo

forum member
Reaction score
What's all up with the new rotex(sp?) s/c? It operates like a automatic tranny or something? I saw an article in 5.0 seemed pretty interesting. Something like 200 hp just slapped onto a s197. And the tq peaked at like 4400 rpm and held within like 5 tq all the way to 6200 :drool:

LAK3RS

Original Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well, I was lucky enough to get the personal tour around the Whipple shop from Art Whipple a few weeks ago waiting on some "slow asses" to get there (haha).

He showed me the intake, screws and housing to the 4.0L blower there making. When I asked him would they be able to fit on a 3V or 4V only...he kind of went back and forth...so?

I did see a double supercharger setup on one intake back there....That shit looked SICCCKKKK (like a Frankencharger)! says they put them on marine applications where the boats have 2 engines putting out 1300hp each. Boats go 170mph! WTF

Dude....170mph in a boat.....that is badass!!!!!

nmeofdst82

STY RMY
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Ahem! Slow? lol

I fixed your sig pic for you btw....LOL

1558485bb7728191a.jpg

Bingo

Because street car
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

SONICBOOST

In it to win it
Reaction score
I talked to Adam at ST a few months back and he said he was comming out with some new stuff for the paxton but I have not talked to him since then...

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back