S&H Stealth Single Turbo kit 05-10

Ingwe

Sun, Sea, Sand and Camels
Reaction score
Really looking forward to seeing Cade's setup when it's done.

Had a question on ar sizing and spool time since i'm completely new to turbos. I’m running 3.31s and this is my DD. Car can be a little under torqued below 2000rpms and I don’t rev the car past 6500 (have the wotbox set to 6300) and don't plan on changing out cams, springs (famous last words) or changing the rpm limit so not too fussed about it revving too much higher than 6300-6500.

Which ar do you recommend? I always just assumed .81 would be a good middle ground but now i'm thinking the .68 might be better for bringing the mid range tq in earlier without hurting the top end after reading a few of your older threads. What do you think?

Bear in mind I do most of my driving in the city and traffic so i'm looking for decent street manners however I do road race it a couple of times a year as well. Eventual goal will be ~600rwhp to stay reliable for the street.

Last edited:

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Really looking forward to seeing Cade's setup when it's done.

Had a question on ar sizing and spool time since i'm completely new to turbos. I’m running 3.31s and this is my DD. Car can be a little under torqued below 2000rpms and I don’t rev the car past 6500 (have the wotbox set to 6300) and don't plan on changing out cams, springs (famous last words) or changing the rpm limit so not too fussed about it revving too much higher than 6300-6500.

Which ar do you recommend? I always just assumed .81 would be a good middle ground but now i'm thinking the .68 might be better for bringing the mid range tq in earlier without hurting the top end after reading a few of your older threads. What do you think?

Bear in mind I do most of my driving in the city and traffic so i'm looking for decent street manners however I do road race it a couple of times a year as well. Eventual goal will be ~600rwhp to stay reliable for the street.

I ran 640rwhp and 704rwtq with .68ar yes the lower ar with have more torque and transient response. If you don't plan on revving to the moon and staying under 600rwhp I would def go with the .68ar if you want the most low end response. But above 600rwhp and you will start running out of steam. As far as AR in general I recommend the .68ar for 600rwhp or less, .81ar for 600-800rwhp or so and .96ar 800rwhp+. Also things like larger displacement/compression motors with a higher rev range may want to step up one ar size.

Last edited:

Deez-67

forum member
Reaction score
Haha, I hear ya man.

Here's some crappy road action for ya. The beeping is from bumps jarring the truck release switch and thinking my trunk is open lol

OK man your not kidding those roads suck. lol

Do it. Do it. You make it to Texas and I'll let you take mine for a spin. Once it's complete that is.

Your doing a but more of a build than I was thinking. That thing is going to be a beast on the streets.

mustang1200

Badass
Reaction score
:asshat: <--- What my wife would be doing to me if I dropped that kind of cash into the red girl right now. lol

Not certain my wife knows what I'm doing out in the garage. I drop little hints so when the bill comes it's not to shocking. ;)

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Kit options so far are updated in the original post guys. Will post here as well.

Kit options:

-Custom hydro graphic for charge pipe to throttle body- $125
-Synthetic high temp grease for the gen2 oil-less turbo-$150
-Custom turbo size or piping modification-Contact for quote
-500hp fuel kit (47 or 60lb injectors, walbro 305, 405 or aem 340 pump, install kit and wire upgrade)-$500
-Custom Fore fuel system and injectors(return system 1000cc,1300cc,2200cc injectors)-Contact for quote
-Aluminum coolant expansion tank(powdercoat color or your choice)-$130
-Dual crankcase breather kit(driver and passenger side)-$20
-Turbosmart E-boost2 electronic boost controller-$465

Last edited:

Ingwe

Reaction score
I ran 640rwhp and 704rwtq with .68ar yes the lower ar with have more torque and transient response. If you don't plan on revving to the moon and staying under 600rwhp I would def go with the .68ar if you want the most low end response. But above 600rwhp and you will start running out of steam. As far as AR in general I recommend the .68ar for 600rwhp or less, .81ar for 600-800rwhp or so and .96ar 800rwhp+. Also things like larger displacement/compression motors with a higher rev range may want to step up one ar size.

Thanks Jeremy. In future i'd be looking to do a build similar to your current one. 281 at 9.1-9.3 comp (stock cams) as the best fuel we get around here is 93 and the car is first and foremost a daily driven street car. .68 still be the best for the lower comp?

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thanks Jeremy. In future i'd be looking to do a build similar to your current one. 281 at 9.1-9.3 comp (stock cams) as the best fuel we get around here is 93 and the car is first and foremost a daily driven street car. .68 still be the best for the lower comp?

It worked well for me, a slightly lower comp motor will "get more" out of a lower ar. When I pushed past 600rwhp though it started to become a restriction.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
IMG_6109_zpssmdmsoxu.jpg

IMG_2909_zpso6cunayd.jpg

Ingwe

Reaction score
That looks awesome guys. Can't wait to get mine!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back