S&H Stealth Single Turbo kit 05-10

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Finishing up the last of the third twin kit and then your piping will be next. Your support brace and intercooler are done, the coolant tank is done as well. So we will be sending out another box this coming week.

BIGCHRISS197

Honda Hunter
Reaction score
So I was reading up on the oiless turbos, and comps website says
Since the ball bearing carrier in the new oil-less turbo can be easily removed from the bearing housing as an assembly, the bearings can be re-greased at appropriate intervals, thereby extending their service life indefinitely
but doesn't say what those intervals are. Whats the maintenance like with an oiless turbo? Also I know the coolant system is closed so gases have no where to go, but is coolant/water evaporation an issue?

Bobby

turbo gt about to go fast
Reaction score
just out side of charlotte north carolina
3 year/36000 miles for gen1. Gen2 now has 50% more cooling capacity and a grease fitting built in so you can grease it yourself. Recommended greasing interval for gen2 is every 3-5k miles or with every oil change, and just a few pumps of fresh grease is all that is needed. With a bearing inspection recommended at 50k miles. Not bad at all compared to maintaining oil seals on an oil fed turbo!

Last edited by a moderator:

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Also I know the coolant system is closed so gases have no where to go, but is coolant/water evaporation an issue?

Nope, oem cooling system is perfectly capable of handling the load. Cool water is supplied from the block at the water pump discharge through an exsisting freeze plug and hot water coming out of the turbo is returned to the upper radiator hose and then into the radiator for cooling again.

Ingwe

Sun, Sea, Sand and Camels
Reaction score
Loving the turbo placement for keeping the heat down. Do you foresee the need to do any additional cooling mods like intercooler upgrades for a DD running in the summer months in the desert? We see 135* during the day and high humidity here in July/August. Car pulls a fair bit of timing NA with longtubes. Plus 93 pump is the best you're going to get fuel wise here.

Ingwe

Sun, Sea, Sand and Camels
Reaction score
No there isnt anything really to upgrade to. We can go bigger but it isnt needed. The kits cold side is the same as our twin kit and i am making 1017whp on 93 with it

Saw that in the other thread. Extremely impressive. Had my heart set on a procharger D1 with 4:10s. Guessing this would be more streetable for a daily and I wouldn't have to swap out the 3.31s I have in at the moment. Only concern as others have said is that I'm still on the stock block.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back