s197 n00b from socal

frink84

Reaction score
Hello to the forum. I'm a new-to S197 guy but not new to the Mustang game. SoCal native currently in the South OC area. I've been into Foxes basically all my life (my mom bought her black 86 GT in 87 and my dad started building mustang-swapped wagons in the 90's). Previously had an 88 fox with HCI/coilovers/5-lugs/etc. I like to get my hands dirty and do as much work in the garage myself. I also have had a few interesting foxes, fun imports, and still have a few bmws.

I picked up Chim-Chim's 06 GT this past weekend.

It is a Premium model with a hair over 40k, and has a lot of suspension and a few power upgrades. My plan for it is dd/track toy. Already have an auto-x lined up this weekend (San Diego Solo Championship at Qualcomm).

Last edited:

frink84

Reaction score
Welcome! What are your future build plans?

pretty low-key in terms of performance. i want to swap to a watts out back, maybe adjustable sways at some point. i'm happy with the power levels.... at the moment :driver:

in terms of visuals, i'm a no-chrome kind of guy, so i am in the process of switching back to stock for the billet interior items. i'm looking at some gt500 interior bits this weekend as those are darker as well.

exterior-wise, i want to do the agent47 retro mirrors, and tint the indicators and side markers. will probably blackout the GT badges since i hear there are holes in the fenders behind the badges. i'll also tint the windows since black on black is fun in socal.

i'll also be going a different direction for street wheels, probably a simple 5-7 spoke wheel with a bit of dish. the steeda's just don't do it for me.

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
Welcome!

I saw that car in the classified section of the forum not too long ago. Sounds like a sweet, well built ride.

frink84

Reaction score
took the car down to qualcomm for the scca solo championship on sunday. entered in ESP, co-driving with a buddy who is pretty competitive in CP.

he took first in ESP, i took second. car did great. needs at least a brake bleed, possible pad change as we did get some fade on a sharp turn.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back