S197 Social Scene in Houston opportunities

C-Liz-Go

Resident Realtor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
By special request from tonight's Cypress meet, here is a list of upcoming mingling and socializing opportunities for this weekend 8/5-8/7.

Thursday 7:30pm Borders Bar & Grill with WestSide Mustangs
20940 Katy Frwy Westgreen @ 1-10 in the Gardens at Westgreen Center. Come hang out with other club members, talk about Mustangs and have some good food. Starts at 7:30 pm and usually lasts a couple hours.
Free chips and salsa, and 10% off your bill for all WSM members..

Friday 7pm Niftee 50ees special event Academy parking lot on 2920 in Tomball for Tomball Nights

Saturday 7am Coffee and Cars at Vintage Park, 249 and Louetta

Saturday 5pm Niftee 50ees at Spring Cypress and Champions Forest Kroger parking lot (open to 1979 and older, park outside the cones to be a spectator and you're good)

Sunday 9am Starbucks @ 8715 Spring Cypress Rd 77379 weekly meet with assorted new and vintage muscle and performance cars.

ALL of these meets are free, the more the merrier, and offer different groups to chat with, get to know what's happening around town, and form friendships beyond the parking lot.

There will be other events to post for next week, starting with Monday night and the new Ricekillers meet in Katy, Houston Performance Driving dinners on Tuesday (location TBD) and the Cypress meet at City Brew on Wednesday.

Bodam and 1badgsx discussed organizing a future cruise of S197ers. Would be nice to meet a few more board members and start something here in Houston with casual GTGs.

C-Liz-Go

Resident Realtor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Show up. Park where ya can. Walk around and see the other 599 cars that will be there. Meet some people.

Sunrise or bust.

Bodam

forum member
Reaction score
Great turnout at coffee and cars. Didn't get to see any mustangs though,lol

C-Liz-Go

Resident Realtor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Holy hell it was hot. Did you two see the Murcielagos (there were 2) and Superleggera? And plenty of Mustangs. Finally met GTRob from WSM by odd chance too. He's planning to come out to next Wednesday's Cypress meet, possibly bring a few more friends.

Glad you both showed up!

Bodam

forum member
Reaction score
My buddy brought his 430, so we got to check out all of the exotics. My boss has a superleggera, and it's badass.

I'd like to get a little more organized as to where we all park and make a bigger show at the next one.

Also got to meet Ed, the VP of The mustang club of America. He has a frigging sweet laguna that we parked next to. Nice guy and very nice car

C-Liz-Go

Resident Realtor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Ed Hockaday is very cool. Did he mention the MCOH meeting at Mac Haik on the 3rd Sunday of the month, 2pm? Lotta S197s in the group, good place to hear firsthand what's happening nationally in the Mustang world. They generally go out to dinner after the meeting, plan cruises, and caravan to regional events like the Mid-America meet in Tulsa every June, among others. Also have Track 21 days with other local clubs, lots of fun.

There's also a WSM Roundup at Tommie Vaughn on 8/20 7:30am-9:30am for those of you who don't want to travel northside. I also heard there will be an MCOH event that same day, but no details yet.

C-Liz-Go

Resident Realtor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Second Sunday of every month is the Urban Speed meet 10am-2pm at
Urban Living
5023 Washington Avenue
Houston, TX 77007

They usually have free breakfast tacos, sometimes the Monster energy drink people, music, lots of Lambos, BMWs, Porsches, and occasionally a Bugatti and some Vipers. My Sunday morning gang is planning to head out there for this month's meet if you'd like to see some nice Vettes and other rods too.

C-Liz-Go

Resident Realtor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

C-Liz-Go

Resident Realtor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Mustang Club of Houston cruise on August 20th. More details on Facebook or the MCOH.org website.

> Baker Street Pub & Grill at La Centera in Katy (located
> in the back)
> 23501 Cinco ranch Blvd Katy,TX 77494
>
> Dinner & Show N Shine from 4 - 6PM
> Cruise will leave promptly at 6PM to cruise together over
> to West Houston Muscle for their OFFICIAL MUSTANG NIGHT!
> There is a $5.00 donation to help the club
> with their expenses.( Their new location is at Mason Road
> & I-10 behind Babin's Seafood. Feel Free to bring some
> display items so we can show off these ponies!

C-Liz-Go

Resident Realtor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Ricekillers Monday night meet is on temporary hold. They are currently looking for a new location.

TODAY, is the Urban Speed meet 10am-2pm at Urban Living on Washington. It is every 2nd Sunday of the month. Last I heard, they were offering free breakfast to everyone who comes.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back