S197Forum Challenge Coin Anyone??

BleedinBlue

forum member
Reaction score
They look great but uhhh...what are you going to do with them? I'm picturing a stranger walking up to one of you and asking "Are you REALLY on S197?," then BAM...you shut 'em up with a challenge coin.

Jinx

Photography Blogger
Reaction score
They look great but uhhh...what are you going to do with them? I'm picturing a stranger walking up to one of you and asking "Are you REALLY on S197?," then BAM...you shut 'em up with a challenge coin.

Lay them on the dashboard (near VIN plate) during a cruise-in or show at Mustang Week so other members of S197forum can tell it's a member's car for sure. At least that's what I think it should be used for.

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

Since some members buying the coin may not be prior service, thought I would post up a traditional use for a challenge coin.

NOTE: If you are the only one with a coin and initiate a challenge, might be just a skosh hard of a sell :)
Challenge Coin Rules

Note: A “Coin Check” consists of a Challenge and a Response.
Rules

• http://www.itstactical.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Challenge_Coin_Rules.jpgThe challenge is initiated by drawing your coin, holding it in the air by whatever means possible and state, scream, shout or otherwise verbally acknowledge that you are initiating a coin check. Another, but less vocal method is to firmly place it on the bar, table, or floor (this should produce an audible noise which can be easily heard by those being challenged, but try not to leave a permanent imprint.) If you accidentally drop your coin and it makes an audible sound upon impact, then you have just “accidentally” initiated a coin check. (This is called paying the price for improper care of your coin.)
  • The response consists of all those persons being challenged drawing their coin in a like manner.
  • If you are challenged and are unable to properly respond, you must buy a round of drinks for the challenger and the group being challenged.
  • If everyone being challenged responds in the correct manner, the challenger must buy a round of drinks for all those people they challenged.
  • Failure to buy a round of drinks is a despicable crime and will require that you turn-in your Coin to the issuing agency.
When-Where

• Coin checks are permitted, ANY TIME, ANY PLACE.
Exceptions

• There are no exceptions to the rules. They apply to those clothed or unclothed. At the time of the challenge you are permitted one step and an arms reach to locate your coin. If you still cannot reach it — SORRY ABOUT THAT!

Redline727

"I wanna go fast!"
Reaction score
Not looking good considering today is May 1st...I'm in Richmond VA, you could walk from Greensboro in less time.

Sent using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1430505782931.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1430505782931.jpg
    196.3 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Post up when the USPS actually gets it to you.

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
It doesn't say on the website, but the latin translation is "strive to be the best"

Back