S197's at Pocono

pcdrj

forum member
Reaction score
Last Saturday we ran the Pocono double infield course. The infields get a little tight but there's a 1600 ft straight so this is a great course for high power cars. Best lap time for the 3+ mile course that day was 1:38 from a Viper in one of the advanced groups. My buddy and I had the only s/c'd S197s. I run Dspecs, Steeda sport springs, FRPP sway bays, LCA, relocation brackets, Powerslot, EBC yellow, brake ducts, and ss lines. I was truly impressed with this car. Pioneer in car dynamics (not sure how accurate) registred 1.g turns and breaking at 1.25 with no fading. As long I kept my line I could hang with Carrerar's, M3's etc in turns but outran everything on straights. We were hitting about 140 mph.

I felt good to run with those cars, fill up at the end of the day and drive home getting 23+ mpg. I have renewed respect for this car.

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
Congrats... sounds like fun!! :clap: What was you best lap time? I'm not sure I'd know how to turn. haha

BTW, I'm moving this to the track discussion section.

pcdrj

forum member
Reaction score
We were in the novice group so our track times weren't recorded. Someone said we run about 20-25 second slower than the top guys.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
wow... that sounds great..... when I read stories like that I regret getting a vert for a few seconds!!! no cage so I'll never run there

travelers

Reaction score
We were in the novice group so our track times weren't recorded. Someone said we run about 20-25 second slower than the top guys.
Your going to have to let some of us Philly guys know the next time you can do this. I know I would like to try that.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back