Saleen 6.5 Blower Kit $1,600

Status
Not open for further replies.

bmaxwell

BÆST
Reaction score
Saleen 6.5 Blower Kit $1,650

Sorry for the typo in the title, the price is $1,650 plus shipping.

I'm parting ways with my Saleen series 6.5 supercharger off my 06 GT Mustang as well as the car itself. The reason I am selling it for so cheap is because I am 99% sure the blower needs a rebuild which you can get done at 281 Motorsports so maybe we can work out a deal on shipping it out there straight from me.

The rebuild costs about $900 from what I've read and heard but I'll find out for sure as soon as they get back in touch with me. But look at it this way... You buy this kit and get the thing rebuilt and basically have a brand new supercharger for the price of around 3k total. There will be a couple of things you'll have to get to complete the kit but these are just little things that are easy to find. Basically all you'll need is some of the wiring, if your car is 07+ a different coolant crossover, 39lb injectors unless you have a built motor and wanna go big, and again depending on how you want to go with the setup, a pulley of your desire. Right now it has a 2.8 pulley which is supposed to put it in the 12-14 psi range and it's the only one I have. I'll have all the other pulleys you need to change which is just an idler pulley under the alternator bracket with the kit and the alternator pulley itself, also I have all the hoses and coolant setup with all clamps, but I do not have the original heat exchanger because I got into a little wreck that damaged the original one so I used an extra one I had lying around from a cobra and zip tied it on which worked perfectly fine. Car had seen 150+MPH more than once and everything held up exceptionally well. You will probably also want to get new spark plugs but the ones I have are going with the kit and they should still be good for awhile since they have been used for less than 1k miles. The spark plugs you would use if your car is 05-06 would be Autolite HT0.

This supercharger is very very reliable and has been an absolute blast to have sitting on top of my motor! The reason I think it's damaged is because there was a squalling noise coming from what I believe to be the supercharger, but I haven't been able to get the car back to stock and running due to lack of stock parts and I need this supercharger outta my garage, so I'm just gonna post it and not worry about it. So the damn thing may not even be damaged, but I am pretty sure it is. The supercharger has about 55k miles on it as a whole but the car was sitting in a my dad's garage for 2 years and only had about 1,000-1,500 miles put on it during that time including me driving it to Austin from Dallas last month so it leaked the oil out I think and was damaged during the trip.

I have priced it to sell very quickly so please no low balling. The cheapest kit like this you can find new is $5,600 so you're basically getting a very capable blower for almost half the price even AFTER it has been sent off and rebuilt.

You can find the install directions online very easily. I actually have the pdf file saved in my phone. It's a very easy install it just takes patience but can be done with hand tools. $1650 plus shipping takes it! I also have a Techco air intake I will throw in for an extra $100. If you have any questions feel free to text me @ 325 200 2482.

Last edited:

bmaxwell

BÆST
Reaction score
Yea it would be for sure. You'd have a hard time blowing the motor with your m90 but not with this Saleen, ask me how I know... Lol

Nitemare

forum member
Reaction score
281 motors ports does very good work. They redid my saleen blower

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
I've got a friend who may be interested, but they are looking for the super shaker kit too for it. Not sure if anyone has those anymore for sale separately.

Great deal for someone.

bmaxwell

BÆST
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Send em my way! The 6.5 lid is pretty valuable so maybe he could somehow figure out something with getting rid of it

Barricade

Decepticon Extraordinaire
Reaction score
wow....and your just up the road from me......

Soooooo tempting!!!

bmaxwell

BÆST
Reaction score
It would be a good way to get a hold of something if you can't afford more than this, and then later on get her rebuilt. Kinda like making two big payments! Haha

hamish

forum member
Reaction score
Well seeing as I already have a gaping hole in my hood, I may be interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back