Saleen and SC experts please advise

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
you forget the details about that matchup, as adams clutch was gone and couldnt launch the car either. im no ST motorsports psoterboy by any means but at least i keep the facts straight and in the spotlight. you saleen guys like to hide them and hope no one remembers hehe :beer:

Slofoot

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
you forget the details about that matchup, as adams clutch was gone and couldnt launch the car either. im no ST motorsports psoterboy by any means but at least i keep the facts straight and in the spotlight. you saleen guys like to hide them and hope no one remembers hehe :beer:

Excuses, excuses... I'm done. LOL

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Give me a couple more weeks and I will be representin' for KB's and willing to drive to the end of the country to line up against you know who...:doggy:

I'm just hoping to god they will allow AOD's in ultra stang. That's the only thing holding me back.

thump_rrr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Give me a couple more weeks and I will be representin' for KB's and willing to drive to the end of the country to line up against you know who...:doggy:

I'm just hoping to god they will allow AOD's in ultra stang. That's the only thing holding me back.
We've heard the give me a couple of weeks bit from you a couple of tims this past year Mark. Don't jinx it this time. J/K

Seriously run and ENJOY the car this year.:beer: :beer:

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I didn't say I would be respresentin' for any length of time...lol

May only be 1 pass...:roflmao:

It may be with a dyno number but KB alreay has the dyno number market conrnered so YES, I'm hoping to have one that performs...:rock:

But absoutely right, I need to keep my mouth shut cause everytime I say 'next week' it turns into the next couple months real quick...:kill:

cheftjpeck

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
ok we got off topic here and went into a race thread...but to update you all...the squeal went away...I am starting to think it may have been the belt needed to break in a little, maybe some oil or something on it (Like a light coating) but it only did it today when I was getting into her real hard and backed off real fast..then it let out a slight chirp....overall...I LOVE IT>>>!!!!!!!!!!!!!!thanks everyone
TJ

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

Well, truth be told, Adam was caught "making a sandwich" at the starting line. He was almost done--just had to add some mayo--but the green came to quick. The cars themselves were pretty evenly matched. 10.54 vs a 10.62.

Here is the video of the race: http://videos.streetfire.net/video/425decfb-253a-4c8d-b055-9861016d5522.htm

Actually Adam is usually pretty good on the tree--just not on that race---and thats racing.

Infinitro

BigDog+SS=NuffSaid!!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have the 3.4 pulley as of now and after my belt broke in, the chirp on decell is all I have. Chirp also seems to lessen the more the car warms up. Really loud after 1st full throttle decell and alot quieter there after. I also took the advice from these guys and reinstalled the stock pulley under the alternator. I think it was Peter that had a post on how to cut the tang back on the tensioner. Has worked well for me so far!

Slofoot

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
ok we got off topic here and went into a race thread...but to update you all...the squeal went away...I am starting to think it may have been the belt needed to break in a little, maybe some oil or something on it (Like a light coating) but it only did it today when I was getting into her real hard and backed off real fast..then it let out a slight chirp....overall...I LOVE IT>>>!!!!!!!!!!!!!!thanks everyone
TJ

Sorry to highjack your thread. The slight chirp on decel is normal. I really feel like it's just the mass of the screws in the blower making the blower pulley chirp the belt. Mine has done that since I got away from the Gatorback belt and started using the Gates Greenstripe belts. I'm glad it's all good for you now. Kev :beer:

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
Well, truth be told, Adam was caught "making a sandwich" at the starting line. He was almost done--just had to add some mayo--but the green came to quick. The cars themselves were pretty evenly matched. 10.54 vs a 10.62.

Here is the video of the race: http://videos.streetfire.net/video/425decfb-253a-4c8d-b055-9861016d5522.htm

Actually Adam is usually pretty good on the tree--just not on that race---and thats racing.
I may be getting senile, but I recall that being the first track appearance for the AOD trans, and it wasn't functioning correct. As I recall, it would only launch from an idle. I could be confusing that with a different day though.

Infinitro

BigDog+SS=NuffSaid!!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Sorry to highjack your thread. The slight chirp on decel is normal. I really feel like it's just the mass of the screws in the blower making the blower pulley chirp the belt. Mine has done that since I got away from the Gatorback belt and started using the Gates Greenstripe belts. I'm glad it's all good for you now. Kev :beer:

Forgot to mention that one. Gatorback=Bad Gates Greenstripe=Good IMHO

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
No---you are correct--Adam actually told me himself that he could only launch at idle--but I thought that had to do with traction vs anything else. Earlier that day (it was Saturday at FFW), I was right behind him in the burnout box when he was at the line. He tried to leave hard off the line, but smoked those slicks like John Force down a couple hundred feet.

You can clearly see the different reaction time at the tree in the vid......

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back