Saleen SC install help

bcb06gt

Reaction score
Guys, I am in the middle of installing a Saleen SC on my car and seem to have "misplaced" the nut that goes on the boost control valve stem that comes out of the supercharger on the passenger rear. The nut basically secures the silver metal piece on the boost actuator. Does anyone know the size? The actuator was removed to make the rear bolt easy.

Other than that, install is going well. A little time consuming but well. I have the SC installed, crossover, heat exchanger, water pump. Remaining is fuel rails/injectors, splicing alternator sensor (?) and air intake temp, tb and intake tube, vacuum lines, water pump relay, refill coolants.

Any tips on the coolant refills (supercharging system and engine cooling)?

Thanks
Bryan

CataclysmGT

forum member
Reaction score
I thought the bypass actuator wasn't to be touched, as Saleen says it's a factory tuned/adjusted part?

TexasKyle

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I thought about removing it when I installed mine, but I thought better of it. I just tied it up with a tie wrap. Good luck finding it!

thump_rrr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Guys, I am in the middle of installing a Saleen SC on my car and seem to have "misplaced" the nut that goes on the boost control valve stem that comes out of the supercharger on the passenger rear. The nut basically secures the silver metal piece on the boost actuator. Does anyone know the size? The actuator was removed to make the rear bolt easy.

Other than that, install is going well. A little time consuming but well. I have the SC installed, crossover, heat exchanger, water pump. Remaining is fuel rails/injectors, splicing alternator sensor (?) and air intake temp, tb and intake tube, vacuum lines, water pump relay, refill coolants.

Any tips on the coolant refills (supercharging system and engine cooling)?

Thanks
Bryan
As for refilling the engine coolant I filled from the jug and I cracked the hex plug on the water crossover tube till all the air came out.

Filling the intercooler is as simple as removing the leaving side of the HE till you see liquid and then put the hose back in.
I personally don't agree with the water goes in on the high side and comes out of the low side philosophy but that's a different story.

MADMACS

Reaction score
The nut looks like its 1/4-20 , also measure the dia with ruler that will give a rough size hardware store will have what you need.
McMaster Carr carrys any hardware you might need but there not cheep.
Good luck with install. What clutch are you running?
Jim

GrtWht

Reaction score
Not sure on the nut size, sorry. As far as a coolant filling, pretty much as they said. You will want to take your time on the intercooler system burping! It will hold/trap a bunch of air.

bcb06gt

Reaction score
The nut looks like its 1/4-20 , also measure the dia with ruler that will give a rough size hardware store will have what you need.
McMaster Carr carrys any hardware you might need but there not cheep.
Good luck with install. What clutch are you running?
Jim

I have a 1/4 inch (or appears to be that) at home but would have thought the nut would be metric as everything seems to be metric. I tried but it didn't "feel" right. Maybe the pitch was off.

MADMACS

Reaction score
Bring it to harware store(the nut you have) and check if it is metric. the metric size would 6mm buy one of each if you have to it. You can also check the thread pitch by placing a bolt against the one you have and see if the threads line up they should fall right into the minor dia. Try it with 2 of the same bolts and you see what mean. Then try it on the car.
Jim

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back