Saleen unveils new George Follmer Edition Mustang

Wicked GT

OCD with ADD...
Reaction score
Wow...! That thing could look really cool, but they really missed the mark. paint the roof black to match the hood/trunk and get rid of the white stripe and it could look pretty cool, IMO. Really crude Photshop buy you get my point.

5uc5.jpg

Sinner

forum member
Reaction score
It's ugly.... It's a good tribute car but the original is ugly too

pacettr

PJ Lover
Reaction score
Looks good for what they are shooting for IMO, but Parnelli Jones Saleen > *

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
If they painted the Street Scene/Stillen chin spoiler it would look better. Remove the black from the front fasica, stop it at the hood and it would clean it up.

hamish

forum member
Reaction score
Cutting a hole in the hood for a non functional hood scoop.....Fucking Retarded!

demarcom

forum member
Reaction score
Enough with the retro tribute cars.... very 5 yrs ago. The recycled pj wheels and headlight splitter. Steve has jumped the shark... hopefully his now public company and 3 million bond issue will help things moving forward.....

Sad because he always made the best looking mustangs.

Hatchman

Stangless
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Custom ugly paint and wheels, NA, and MSRP in the mid $70K's before dealer mark up...

no thank you.

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I guess I'm that guy that goes against everyone else and says I kinda like it. Now there are a dozen other Mustangs I'd buy before this one (if I had the money), but I don't see the issue you guys take with it. Keep it in context to the car it's loosely based on.

There is a faction of Mustang guys right now that thinks Ford is 100% wrong to move on from the retro thing (I for one am ready to go forward. Enough with the retro). They will snap these up no problem. If it's not your thing, so be it.

Mach2burnout

05 Redfire GT
Reaction score
I'm with you tjm73, I do kinda like it. It looks similar to the car it's holding tribute to and it was a full race car and a very successful one at that. Race cars are rarely 'pretty'. Not every body that owns a mustang thinks they have to have a S/C. An as for the non-functioning hood scoop, looks functional to me. But of course I'm biased.

Sent from iPhone

LAStang1234

----------DSL----------
Reaction score
Wow...! That thing could look really cool, but they really missed the mark. paint the roof black to match the hood/trunk and get rid of the white stripe and it could look pretty cool, IMO. Really crude Photshop buy you get my point.

5uc5.jpg

Much better!

Black 5.0

forum member
Reaction score
It's a bit over done over the original but, it's OK. I do think they need to break up the huge rear bumper cover in some way. Not a fan of louvered tail pipes. The roof line with quarter window will be seen on the '15.

For those who are 'tired of the retro look', there's always 'the jelly bean look'. 8)

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back