"Sandy Resurrected" 05 GT rebuild

TommyN

Reaction score
Quick back story, I purchase salvage autos at auction for inventory in several salvage yards and rebuilders lots. I know this in not for many but the money I save on my purchases allows more money for mods and upgrades. My wife has wanted a Mustang convertible for a summer driver. The summer of 2013 I picked up a 2005 Premium Convertible with 20k miles on the east coast when all the Sandy cars were being auctioned. I have been in the business my whole life and am good at "cherry picking". The water in the interior of the car was due to the cowl seal issue. There was no salt water damage and the car is a great runner and looker. The summer of 2013 was trouble free adding 8k miles. The front bumper had some scratches, the drivers fender had a previous repair I did not like. This was enough to drive me crazy. I set out to pick up a few custom parts and make the car hers. I will share photos as I rebuild the car to our taste.

At auction after purchase:
Missas05_zps90d13e5a.jpeg

Disassembly for paint:
securedownload15_zpse58aa0bb.jpg

securedownload16_zps071a02df.jpg

securedownload17_zpsd60181b2.jpg

Ready to drive to the painter:
securedownload10_zps36e43040.jpg

Prepping for the color, note the GT500 hood:
securedownload20_zps350e4e36.jpg

After wet sand and buff:
securedownload19_zps3260c2d7.jpg

securedownload18_zpsda6502cb.jpg

Heading over to pick the car up and start reassembly. I will update as it goes together to show the updates.

Last edited:

EGNARO

Orange Backwards
Reaction score
looks good. i know exactly where that car is sitting in the auction photo haha.

TommyN

Reaction score
looks good. i know exactly where that car is sitting in the auction photo haha.

Were you at the airport? I lived there from Jan-Mar of 2013. I had a guy I buy cars for who always says never worry about budget call me and say he need a few days to secure some more cash. I actually set up a storage yard there because the trucks were so loaded with inventory my late pick up fees in one week cost $5k.

EGNARO

Orange Backwards
Reaction score
Were you at the airport? I lived there from Jan-Mar of 2013. I had a guy I buy cars for who always says never worry about budget call me and say he need a few days to secure some more cash. I actually set up a storage yard there because the trucks were so loaded with inventory my late pick up fees in one week cost $5k.

i go there now.. had no room back then.

its a pretty good spot for um.. being in mexico.:naughty1:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back