Say I wanted to get a 5.0...

justinsstang

forum member
Reaction score
I do think my best option is to avoid dealers all together... Can sell my car for more and buy for cheaper.

Mikes06GT

forum member
Reaction score
I think a lot of 05-09 owners go through this debate. I have 95K miles on my 06 and have toyed with trading it in but I do love the body style. Most retro in my opinion and I'd be lucky to get 11K for it so to me, it's worth keeping it and building a motor for it one day. I've seen people swap out interiors so if that's a big factor look into that. Good luck with decision

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
I just wish I knew if I'm going to like the 2015+ cars. I can always find a used 2014, I guess.

If $2000 in negative equity was keeping me from doing a deal I'd be nervous about buying a new/expensive vehicle.

justinsstang

forum member
Reaction score
I just wish I knew if I'm going to like the 2015+ cars. I can always find a used 2014, I guess.

If $2000 in negative equity was keeping me from doing a deal I'd be nervous about buying a new/expensive vehicle.

The point is why take negative equity when I'm sure I can get that out of it in a private sale...

I'm not giving the car away. I'll try to clean it up and post for $14.5k locally and see what happens.

If it doesn't sell for near that I'll just keep it... This was just a thought. I'd like the 6 speed with nicer interior, and a better platform to grow with later on. Not too worried about it though =P

Last edited:

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
The point is why take negative equity when I'm sure I can get that out of it in a private sale...

I'm not giving the car away. I'll try to clean it up and post for $14.5k locally and see what happens.

If it doesn't sell for near that I'll just keep it... This was just a thought. I'd like the 6 speed with nicer interior, and a better platform to grow with later on. Not too worried about it though =P

After all, it's not like you are currently riding around in a POS. You do have a supercharged 3V that will still blow the doors off most other cars on the road!

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
Ah, gotcha. That's still true about me - I'm still cleaning up some other debt and want a clean slate and some cash laying around before I do another car deal.

Boaisy

Dark Knight
Reaction score
People often overlook that tax discount when trading in to a dealer, good to keep that in your calcs when deciding to trade or sell outright. Also go request some brochures by mail at http://www.ford.com/cars/mustang/brochures/ sometimes they come with $750 coupons in them, that'll help cover some of the negative equity.

Those rebates/coupons are pulled up in Ford's system upon sale. It varies by year, model, trim, etc. Different areas in the country have different rebates too. They can even pull up extra offers that you qualify for ontop of the standard (such as mailers) with your name and zip code.

http://www.ford.com/cars/mustang/incentives/

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back