SCT BA5000 mass air meter

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
Thinking that this will be the unit I have to buy for the new combination (298"/10-16 psi). Is this thing all I've heard it is supposed to be? From what I'm seeing in the research, every tuner loves the damn thing.

Also, what is the best price you've seen on the meter and where?

N

navbtcret

SD I have the HPX mass air meter and I amn the process of incresing the boost to around 17 psi. It works great. I know there are some using it running more than 20mpsi with a turbo and no issues.

Wes

forum member
Reaction score
The BA5000 is a rebranded HPX. I too love them and get them (the HPX) from Justin.

Here's a spredsheet to tell you how much airflow the HPX will register in a pipe diameter that you enter. It also generates the transfer function for you.

Wes

Last edited:

Blow-By Racing

forum member
Reaction score
We use these all the time. I love them; if you tuning with SCT software they have value files already for 3" / 3.5" / 4" dia. tubes. We making 750 with KB 2.8 on 3V

myystanng

forum member
Reaction score
I have the HPX in a 3.5" intake tube with a beautiful MAF signial @ 4.0 volts on my turbo set up. 10 psi.

05yellowgt

Reaction score
I'm still not sure how it will hook up to the procharger setup.. Do I need just the hpx maf sensor, of the tubing? I need pics.. I'm a little slow in the head :beerdrink:
The HPX aka BA-5000 meter is a slot style meter just like the stock 05+ meter and you simply plug it in in place of where the stock meter plugs into the Procharger charge tube just beyond the intercooler on the pipe that goes from the intercooler to the Throttle Body. Simple 3 minute installation and then change the tune accordingly and you are good to go.

I am using the HPX on my car and hit about 900 AD counts at 25+psi and over 700rwhp. It is a great unit.

GrtWht

Reaction score
They work great for blow through...HPX/SCT. I recently used one a customer's 06'. He has the same turbo kit as you. I re-did the intake tubing.... got rid of the cf elbow and attaching "zig-zag" pipe/tube (1 pc. two 90's then down through the apron). Has a clean signal (much better than stock maf and cf elbow) at idle and low rpm/cruise.

lostsoul

2014 vett or 2015 stang..
Reaction score
The HPX aka BA-5000 meter is a slot style meter just like the stock 05+ meter and you simply plug it in in place of where the stock meter plugs into the Procharger charge tube just beyond the intercooler on the pipe that goes from the intercooler to the Throttle Body. Simple 3 minute installation and then change the tune accordingly and you are good to go.

I am using the HPX on my car and hit about 900 AD counts at 25+psi and over 700rwhp. It is a great unit.

thanks.. just the sensor itself. plug and play.. I cant F that up.. I hope.. haha $230 is the cheapest I have found it.

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
They work great for blow through...HPX/SCT. I recently used one a customer's 06'. He has the same turbo kit as you. I re-did the intake tubing.... got rid of the cf elbow and attaching "zig-zag" pipe/tube (1 pc. two 90's then down through the apron). Has a clean signal (much better than stock maf and cf elbow) at idle and low rpm/cruise.

Thanks for the info. I've thought about doing away with the the CF elbow but I have to keep it for "marketing purposes" so I'm going to give it a shot with the new meter. We'll see how it works and maybe try another inlet over the winter.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back