sct/tuners/pid evaluation

rojizostang

i love my cams
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well, I've been trying to learn a few things since selling my mustang and adding a roush tvs blower to my 13 f150

i'm posting here on s197 because I just don't think i'll get a lot of help on the f150 forums.

I purchased the blower used from brenspeed, and i'm basically using the tune that they used for the blower on their shop vehicle. I know I should have sprung for a custom tune, but at the time I was spending a lot of dough, so I opted for Brent's house tune for the Roush/f15o. I'm sure it's safe...maybe...

so, I've been learning about datalogging, and found some information on bama's site about creating dlx files to load onto the x4 and recording those pid's

next, after recording the data, is having someone with tuning knowledge evaluate the numbers

I created 2 files, one for idle, and one for wot. I decided to skip the "step" process that bama recommends, as I feel fairly confident that the tune is safe enough for wot pulls, after looking at the lamda readings on the x4 during wot. they averaged about .81 lambda, which if i'm not mistaken correlates to about 11.89 to 1 afr.

what I would like is to have one of the tech guys here review the logs, if they are willing, and inform me as to any problems that need addressing

for example, spark advance and anything else that might be important...like knock sensors maybe

too much to ask?

also of help would be some guidance on the datalog itself, such as a 3rd gear pull from x rpm to y rpm, and or idling for a certain amount of time, stuff like that.

thanks in advance!

and I didn't put this in tech, since it's not a mustang...

deebo05

forum member
Reaction score
actually its using the stoich afr for e-10 which is 14.08 so your .81 lambda is really 11.4 afr.

I can take a look at your logs later [email protected]

Last edited:

rojizostang

i love my cams
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
actually its using the stoich afr for e-10 which is 14.08 so your .81 lambda is really 11.4 afr.

I can take a look at your logs later [email protected]

ok well there's some good information. I was unaware stoich for e10 was 14.08. I haven't heard that anywhere before.

I'm a little surprised also that iat f2's are as high as they are. they seem to be averaging almost ambient plus 40 degrees with the vehicle moving. I thought the tvs blowers were supposed to be more thermally efficient.

external temperature today was around 70. cruising around say at 50 mph, iat's were staying around 113. i'm running two heat exchangers...the lower gt500/cobra style exchanger and the upper mustang style in conjunction with it. I also have louvers in the hood to help reduce under hood temperatures. under hood temps easily stay at ambient while moving on the other iat reading that is monitored, which I assume is somewhere by the maf sensor.

deebo05

forum member
Reaction score
What are your cylinder head temps? stock thermostat? That has a lot to do with it also. The coyotes run around 212 or so from factory.

rojizostang

i love my cams
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
What are your cylinder head temps? stock thermostat? That has a lot to do with it also. The coyotes run around 212 or so from factory.

thermostat was swapped out to 160. It got as hot as 214, but I had the fan settings changed and it hasn't gotten over 199 since.

I haven't checked cylinder head temps.

I ordered a 14'' perma cool fan that i'm going to attach to the upper heat exchanger. it's at idle that the iat temps really start climbing. hopefully the addition of the fan will keep them a little more under control at idle. they don't really seem to climb much when i'm beating on it, it's mostly sitting at lights that it starts climbing. I think I've seen as high as 137, so far, but summer isn't here yet.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back