SCT xcal2 vs. xcal3

Jinx

Photography Blogger
Reaction score
I'm having issues with my current tune and I thinking of going to a tune from you guys. With the mods in the sig, I don't care if it loses a couple of horsepower, as long as I can get it running with good drivability and to stop the weird throttle surging at cruise with occasional wrench lights. I talked it over with one of your guys on the phone and gave me great confidence these things could be fixed with a tune; but I forgot a one question and I think it would benefit and anyone with the same question (so I posted it here).

The fellow I was speaking to stated that Jim Sr has a version of SCT software that only a select hand full of people have (6 or 7). My question is, will the mail order tune loaded to a xcal2 make use of all the changed parameters (that other tuners do not have access to) as an xcal3 would?

JimIII@JDM

Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hey that was me ; )

Our version of the tuning software will fully communicate with any SCT device. If you want the adjustable features in your tuner turned on we can do that but its not the tune that controls have much change you can make, the programmer itself is the limiting factor for that. However having our tune alone is going to give you the better driveability that we discussed.

Jinx

Photography Blogger
Reaction score
So the throttle wheel ratio thingy that mostly likely throwing the wrench light on can be corrected with the tune upload through my xcal2?

JimIII@JDM

Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The Xcal2 cant fix it but our tune can. The problem is "Wheel Torque Error"

Jinx

Photography Blogger
Reaction score
My concern is will it matter that I'm loading your tune with my xcal2? The changes that you guys make can be done regardless of the SCT device?

JimIII@JDM

Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yes the tune will be the same in any device!

Jinx

Photography Blogger
Reaction score
Ok thank you. Wow. You guys respond great even on the forums.

Jinx

Photography Blogger
Reaction score
I can't wait to get the new tune. I wish someone could look into the current tune and report on it. I like to see what errors the Lvl 4 SCT tuner did to my car. I just upload the Whipple tune and it runs much better but I can tell its slower. Its like the boost is laggy and it feels 50hp slower. But at least its smooth now and the frickin wrench light and safe mode doesn't come on.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back