Selling Stang: Ford Truck or Ram? and Why?

cwhit23

forum member
Reaction score
Sounds like they've went down hill since mine. hmm well, you answered that one!

Rolltide2012

Oil and Gas
Reaction score
Obviously you are complaning about a Ford product so why considering a Ford truck? I have had 4 Ford trucks and 3 Ford cars. All were great and never had complaints about any of them. In my opinion which I know will not mean much to you, Ford is hands down the only American product in relation to vehicles that I will ever buy. Go into the Dodge and Chevy forums and read all the complaints.

orangensaft

People think its yellow
Reaction score
i had a 2011 5.3 and while it was nice, the sheetmetal on the new Chevy's is so horrible. I leaned up against the bed and I bent it! And the hood flexes and bounces around after 80 mph, and i have to push to top back up anytime i uses and automatic carwash that uses blowers. Chevy has built their new trucks cheap!

I recently bought a 2011 silverado and aside from shit oem wheels that won't balance its been fine. None of those sheet metal issues on mine.

I wouldn't buy a new Ford or a Dodge. Every dodge except maybe the top model has shitty interior, and the F150s are almost as ugly as the rear of the 11+ mustangs.

8WOOD

forum member
Reaction score
I recently bought a 2011 silverado and aside from shit oem wheels that won't balance its been fine. None of those sheet metal issues on mine.

I wouldn't buy a new Ford or a Dodge. Every dodge except maybe the top model has shitty interior, and the F150s are almost as ugly as the rear of the 11+ mustangs.

Mine was just a 1lt, I wonder if they changed the sheet metal for a certain year. But I couldn't believe that I bent my sheet metal by leaning on it. That's one thing i've been so impressed with by ford is the sheet metal on their cars. It's like mega thick!

After like six hours of research, I think buying a Ford f-150 is growing on me. Anyone know the difference between the FX4, and Lariat besides aesthetic things? The value of the Ram's drops like crazy compared to the Ford, so there must be a reason for that.

luckychance

forum member
Reaction score
while the dodge has a nicer look than the newer ford (imo), the interior is rather dull and if you actually use it as a work truck its a pile of ___.my dad and neighbor both bought dodge 1500 trucks in 09 to use for hauling and various odd jobs. both had tranny and rear end problems within 30k all while hauling under its tow capacity. my dad had to threaten them to take them to court before they replaced it under warranty. after his tranny issues and interior falling apart at the seams...literally... dad tried to unload his truck on me but i bought a ford f150 instead...140k later and no issues. prior to that my dad had an f150 that lasted 275k and still ran strong when he sold it. morale of the story..if u want a work truck or something that will take a beating..go ford..if u want a truck for looks go with dodge.

Mystickeith50

forum member
Reaction score
Sounds like the stang was a lemon for sure. I can help you with the truck as I have owned just about every size/make truck over the last 16 years from Chevy, ford, n dodge. First off, don't buy a dodge. Cheap ain't good and good ain't cheap. The ONLY thing good in a dodge is the cummins diesel but it doesn't matter cause the rest of the truck around it is a pos. the fords n Chevys r really pretty close. The Chevys usually have a better car like ride, but the ford is a better truck IMO. Good luck with your choice.

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
If I were in the market for a truck today, it would be the F150 Ecoboost hands down. Dodge Ram has zip for resale value and a list of issues with every iteration of the truck. I had a 1996 Dodge Ram that I had to constantly maintain. If you're anal about maintenance, that iteration of the truck did OK, but the dashboards fell apart by 60k miles. Literally fell apart. The intake valley gasket was always blowing out on them and I finally stopped mine from leaking by using high temp gasket maker AND the gasket from Dodge. After that, it was exhaust leaks and constant check engine lights due to the shitty charcoal canisters they used. Windshield washer pump constantly burning out and, if you didn't change the trans oil and filter every 30k miles, your trans would shit itself by 75k.

Never buying a Dodge anything again.

You got a shitty Mustang. It sucks. But it is what it is and you can have that experience no matter if it's a Mustang, a BMW, Mercedes or a Chevy.

pcdrj

forum member
Reaction score
One question would be what do you plan on doing with the truck? Towing, hauling, or basic transportaion? I recently traded my '07 F150 CC in on an '11 F350 CC diesel. For basic transportation and occasional towing the F150 was fine. It maintained a nice ride over the 40k + miles I put on it.

dmhines

KONA GT
Reaction score
Ram Diesel. Why? It's the only new full size pickup left that lets you order with manual tranny.

09 Ricky

forum member
Reaction score
In all honesty Im truely a die hard ford guy. With that being said I had purchased a 2011 5.0 F150 last year and went through two motors in 4800 miles and Ford did not have a explaination for either of them. I owned the truck for 5 months and the dealer had it for 3 1/2 of those months. Ford would not by the damn thing back. Did I get a bad truck.....yea I think so lol. I decided to move on and purchased a 2012 Ram 1500 hemi quad cab and it been everything my f150 wasn't. But to each and his own. My Ram is the new 390/409 motor and is a blast to drive and tows like a diesel. My past f150's struggled with the same load that the Ram doesn't even blink at lol. Now on the other hand my 2012 5.0 mustang was awesome.....no complaints. The only reason I sold it was I had a opportunity to puchase a 69 camaro that we now have running 8.60's at 157 lol......but thats a different story. There will always be a lemon with any manufacturer......they make them way to fast. When I order my 2012 mustang they had it built and out the door 48 hours after I recieved my VIN.

Ricky

muztangman93

forum member
Reaction score
I have a 2012 gmc sierra crew cab with the 5.3 in it. My sheet metal has no issues I traded my 2010 crew cab sierra in for this one because of the rebates. Gmc and Sierra hold there value truck wise alot better then ford and dodge may look nice on the outside but they are cheap and have horrible resale or trade in value.

Redfire_WNL

THE BEAST UNLEASHED!
Reaction score
My dad has a 09 base model truck for work and he has had 0 issues. One of his higher up guys has a 2010 FX4 w/ sync and also has had 0 issues plus the interior by far looks better then any other truck brands IMO. Both trucks were bought in 2009 as well.

wazslow

forum member
Reaction score
I have a 2010 Ram Crew Cab 4x4 Hemi that I bought new and I love it. Never had a single issue with it. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one. Especially with the new 8 speed auto coming out for 2013. My truck stickered for $41k, i paid around $35k.

Surfstang2020

forum member
Reaction score
Yes the dodges will last but the new Eco boost f150s have the same power that most of
The v8 trucks do or at least enough to have fun with and still get better gas mileage if I were in the market
For a new truck id be buying an Eco boost

Sent from your moms phone

HellsBells

620/677
Reaction score
ca77993258fec69204ba7233969d700a.jpg

8WOOD

forum member
Reaction score
Ok, So I called my father today, who actually owns a 2012 Laramie 4x4 and a 2012 F-150 STX 5.0 4x4. His Laramie is his daily driver and his Ford is his work truck (farmer.) I asked him which he thinks is better built. He said, that the Ford makes a lot of noises in the door jams and the bed itself. He says the door gaps on the Ford are very poor, while the dodges are very tight. He also said the door seals in the dodge are way better. He says the Ford rides extremely rough and the Dodge is extremely smooth. I asked him what he finds himself driving more (while not at work) and he said the Ford. so.... He talks poorly of the F-150, yet is driving it way more.

I'm going to do some pricing tomorrow morning at the dealer who has the FX4 with the options I want. If they can get the right numbers, I'll probably drive it home. I just love the interior of the Ford and the 3.5 ecoboost. Boost FTW

Last edited:
Back