Sexy Suzie build thread. Wrecked 09 gt

muztangman93

forum member
Reaction score
Did have a minor set back. Bumper is painted. Painted passenger side. Used a new clear from SPI didn't read tech sheet. Good stuff but it says your not supposed to let it get over 120 for longer then 20 minutes. Well after it was dry to dust I pulled it out in the sun and it was beaming down on it and well over 120 I would imagine. After several hours went back and it had a fugly reaction. Got most of it sanded back down gonna have to hit a coat of base and re clear. So it may be another week or so before paint work is done. On a positive note passenger side is straight as hell. Body work turned out great. Drivers side door and fender is done. Turned out great. Also spoiler side skirts front bumper and passenger fender are all good to go.

RetroGT2006

06 S197 Member
Reaction score
awesome thread filled with some great progress! Man I wish I could make half the progress on my own car lol!

muztangman93

forum member
Reaction score
Heres a couple pics. Sun isn't out color looks a lot better in the sun. Has a couple minor imperfections from reassembly. paint chip here and there but Im not gonna worry bout it gotta look to find em. Passenger side is super straight. After clear sanded totally flat then buffed. No peel in it at all. This new clear buffs real easy but Ive hit this side twice now as after a couple days sand marks re appear from the clear curing.
20130630_121121_zpsde5a4053.jpg

20130630_121135_zps089d8222.jpg

Shotokan1509

forum member
Reaction score
Lookin good!

While you're spraying, paint those mirror "caps"

muztangman93

forum member
Reaction score
Alright whole car is painted. Mostly reassembled need to pick up a few odds and ends to finish it out. Need to clean the hell out of the interior as well. Only part not color sanded and buffed is drivers quarter panel. Ill try to get on that tomorrow. Then the hood and trunk need washed clayed and buffed there the only 2 pieces I didn't paint. Still may end up painting them. The orange peel is horrid from the factory on the hood. Ill try to get a couple pics tomorrow even though its not fully complete. It does look like a car again though. My neighbor saw it when it was delivered and he about shit his pants when he saw the progress that's been made. Its been awhile since I took on a project this big. I said I didn't have the time and money and was going to slowly progress it but I cant stand having something just sit in my way. My other car was in line for a color change but after this I think Im gonna wait another year on that one between work and this thing been putting in 80 plus hours a week

muztangman93

forum member
Reaction score
A guy is coming over Monday to price installing it. Found glass for $2200 should be about $100 to put it in.

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Props for some great body skills. You can take cars I wouldn't give a 2nd look.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back