Sh*t that falls through the door windows

o2sys

forum member
Reaction score
What happens to the all crap that falls in between the windows and the outer weatherstrip?

Would this clog up the bottom of the doors so water can't escape just like the windshield cowl clogging issue?

I got a leak on the driver side floor again (after redoing the tsb water leak service) and this time the puddle was found on top my rubber floor mat. So I'm guessing it leaking from a higher point. Seats are dry though.

So I'm thinking my doors are clogged???

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
Would sound like the ocean if you swung the door around. The drains are right there at the bottom of the door, see if they are clear.

Brick

forum member
Reaction score
I chased a leak in my driver side floor for awhile and was finally able to trace it back to the seal between the upper window trim and the body. This youtube video show and explains it better...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n08im_GW2UA

Instead of getting new seals from Ford, I got a 1" x 36yd roll of 3M 4508 foam tape on eBay and made my own gaskets. Much better seal now than how it came from the factory. The guy I got it from doesn't have it listed anymore, but the link below is for the same thing but in a 3/4" width.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3M-3-4-x-36YDS-Vinyl-Foam-Tape-4508-/130646376287?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e6b217f5f

o2sys

forum member
Reaction score
I had checked mine and mine did not look like the ones in the video. It was all in tact and uniformed.

I did however unclip these two plastic tabs underneath the door panel and water started gushing out.

Although I dunno how water can get to the interior from that location.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back