Shocks and Struts opinions

kcbrown

forum member
Reaction score
If you're really on a budget, you could pick up these shocks and springs from the GT500KR. It wouldn't be adjustable or anywhere near as good as a set of Konis or Bilsteins, but it's $279 shipped. Better than stock

http://www.buyfordracingfromdpm.com/shelby-gt-500kr-handling-kit/

Wouldn't those have too much spring up front? The GT500 has the additional weight of a supercharger up front, not to mention that the engine uses an iron block.

He might be able to use the dampers with his current K springs, though. I've no idea how well the KR dampers would work with the K springs.

Last edited:

SlowJim

forum member
Reaction score
I did some googling and it seems that kit is an improvement over the standard GT500 suspension (data indicates 17% stiffer in front and 7% in rear), although due to the weight difference a standard GT would be lowered in the rear but not in front :\

JayhawkS197

Reaction score
Quick update: I was planning on buying new motorcraft shocks and strut. Today I go on american muscles monthly sale and the know str.t were on sale! I got the front and rear for 261. I also got a panhard bar, gt500 strut mounts and camber bolts. Can't wait to install it. Thanks for everyones input.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back