Camber Plate / Suspension upgrade advice needed

Apharaoh06

Reaction score
Maximum motorsports is the go to Caster/camber plates. I have them and am lowered 1 inch on pedder springs. I purchased my car with the Ford Racing lowering kit and K springs. Too much bounce on my roads, and scrapping all over the city. Was tight and low body roll. Currently on pedder springs, it is a 1" drop. Front has some progression to them, rears are linear. Paired with Bilstein shocks. A little less body roll compared to the Ford racing Kit, but never scrape or bottom out. Kenny Brown K-member and rear location brackets with upper and lower control arms. Improved handling a lot and dropped some weight. I have also ran this with the Steeda Adjustable front and rear sway bars with FTBR front end links. Car feels much better. Selling the Steeda and FTBR (Full Tilt Boogie Racing) suspension parts now, as I am looking to go true coilover with stiffer springs, so have moved to smaller sway bars, so springs can do the work. Only thing the nice coil overs are pricey. And will probably getting the JRI system. Also, you can go with a Watts Link, Whiteline and Cortex are popular. I personally, like the Cortex better, and they are about the same price. Cortex has more adjustment, options of poly bushings or spherical rod ends, has 4 adjustments vs 2 on the Whiteline, and Cortex even has a hookup for a diff. overflow can. If you want to jump up to some more Bling you can run the Kenny Brown 4.5 Rear grip Kit, no sway bar, you will need true rear coil overs, but its as close to a IRS as you can make a solid axel car. It requires real heavy rear spring rates.
Don't forget to consider what tire setup you will be running square vs. staggered, as it will also affect handling.

Mackitraz

Reaction score
Square setup. I don't think I'm putting down the power to warrant a staggered setup. Nice to hear your opinion of K Springs, I was thinking about those. I'm still thinking hard about relocation brackets/adj panhard/steeda upper strut mounts with the springs as a start.

I'm still on the fence about the benefits of running a coilover on a DD street car. Will I really get the use out of it to warrant that kind of cash?

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Reaction score
I'm a little uneasy about coilovers in street driving, as it looks like the shock/strut shafts tend to be exposed to the elements. I don't know of any boots that will fit inside C/O springs, but maybe such things do exist.

Norm

Apharaoh06

Reaction score
Square setup. I don't think I'm putting down the power to warrant a staggered setup. Nice to hear your opinion of K Springs, I was thinking about those. I'm still thinking hard about relocation brackets/adj panhard/steeda upper strut mounts with the springs as a start.

I'm still on the fence about the benefits of running a coilover on a DD street car. Will I really get the use out of it to warrant that kind of cash?
Adjustable Panhard bar depends on your car. I needed one because my rear end was not centered due to lowering. But every car is different. Some may need and some may not. A square setup will help in the understeer department, and most stock mustangs are square to begin with. Usually the staggered set up has wider tires in the rear for more traction, for increased horsepower. And it does look cool. But its not pocket friendly vs a square setup. It also makes a difference on the heights of your tires you want to run. I never run shorter rear tires than the front tires, and it limits the number or tires you can run. The MM camber plates is just my personal preference, there are talked about in the forums. They are well liked. Here is what I just took off my car, as I will be going to much heavier rear springs.

IMG_20210810_172014.jpg

IMG_20210810_144039.jpg

Last edited:
Back