Skwerl's first hot rod

NotQuik

I can't drive
Reaction score
I'll admit, I certainly wasn't expecting them kind of numbers out of the 1.9. How much boost did that pull see? On the tune before you were seeing roughly 13 psi, correct?

Get the fuel system buttoned up as well as that rear and let's see some track numbers!

..also, a big congrats!

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
Good job Brian! Everything looks real good. Isn't it a good feeling knowing that you put it together and it runs great. Those 1000cc injectors really gave you some headroom with the fuel system. Stock pump with a bap?

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Brian, I misread the gauge before. Justin said I only had about 11 lbs of boost on the break in tune. The cams and higher flow heads dropped the boost number slightly. The 'glory run' topped out at 14 lbs. I'm back at the same 72mm pulley as before so I'm back at 11+ lbs again but I have the higher flowing VMP twin 67mm throttle body which is good for about 20hp (I think that's what he said).

Bruce, Gerald is the one with the ID-1000's. I actually have the 47 lb injectors that came stock with Gerald's TVS2300 kit. And yes, stock fuel pump with wiring upgrade and the VMP booster. I'm swapping out the stock pump for some GT500 pumps and I will remove the booster at that time.

Here's a comparison of my first pull today with the stock throttle body and 72mm pulley vs. the 66mm pulley and VMP throttle body.

brian19l72mmvs66mmwithtwinjet.jpg

Last edited:

mpm_1

forum member
Reaction score
man that is stout ! great stuff Brian - congrats on the rewards of a long and well planned process

AutoXRacer

forum member
Reaction score
Skwerl, the injectors you have should be 52LB injectors!!!

Did you get scared when Justin hammered the throttle, the camera man jumped!! LMAO!!!

Oh and you need suspension upgrades!! Man that front end is all over the place!!
Although it does look good when you nail that throttle. LOL

Awesome!!!

I would keep the VMP Voltage Booster even though you install the GT500 pumps. It regulates the voltage to provide nice clean stable voltage.
It will only help stabilize the pumps and make them last longer. Keep it with the GT500 pumps.

Last edited:

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
I had the camera sitting on an A frame ladder so I wouldn't shake it. I guess the car shook the ladder.

Suspension is upgraded with a ton of BMR stuff and Koni adjustable struts. I have them set on full soft though.

Justin said I could keep the voltage booster but it needs to be wired up differently than how it is now. He suggested I just leave it off for the time being (once the GT500 pumps are installed).

AutoXRacer

forum member
Reaction score
So whats Justin going to tune you at for pump gas?
You current numbers are with Torco which turns 93 octane fuel in to race fuel equivalent.

Is this a "race" tune or is this going to be your street tune?

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
He's got both a race gas tune and a 93 tune. I'm running the race gas tune right now because he put torco in the gas tank and I'll most likely take it to the track Sunday. He made so many dyno pulls I'm not sure which is which. I'll go back to the 93 tune before this tank of gas is gone.

Justin00Stang

Reaction score
The first pull was something like pump gas timing, the last pull was only 18 degrees.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

BadPiggy

Hooligan Asshole
Reaction score
Are you shitting me!?
I knew that TVS was capable of 600...but 650?
CRAZY!

Here I was about to list my M90...fuck that!
Just gonna get a TVS1900 upgrade!

Ok, so here's my question...
Do you or Justin, or both...feel/think IAT's would be better with a Stage 2 FRPP head?

Timmbo

forum member
Reaction score
High five man! Congrats on all your hard work. I'm amazed at the numbers from that 1.9L. I know you won't stop there...none of us do lol. How about going with a return fuel setup running E85? It will run much cooler and the power gain will be very nice.

BadPiggy

Hooligan Asshole
Reaction score
High five man! Congrats on all your hard work. I'm amazed at the numbers from that 1.9L. I know you won't stop there...none of us do lol. How about going with a return fuel setup running E85? It will run much cooler and the power gain will be very nice.

Tim,
I'm pondering that fuel setup with E85 but my concern is, E85 isn't on every street corner here. I need to find out how it'll run on 93 with the occasional splash of E85. Do I run the tank dry before switching fuels. Questions like that.

Is there a website that shows where E85 is available?

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Yup, that's Justin. He told me today that he subscribed to my thread here so he could keep up. He also told me that most of his customers don't even monitor IAT's or mention pulled timing, they just drive it. What he told me about the heads and cams made sense though.

Something to consider with the stage 2 heads is the lower compression. It's only a little lower than stock but the stage 3 is a little higher than stock. And the new Boss motors are coming with 11-1 compression so if went with the stage 2 heads I'd also go with higher compression pistons.

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Tim,
I'm pondering that fuel setup with E85 but my concern is, E85 isn't on every street corner here. I need to find out how it'll run on 93 with the occasional splash of E85. Do I run the tank dry before switching fuels. Questions like that.

Is there a website that shows where E85 is available?

http://www.local.com/results.aspx?keyword=e85+gas+stations&CID=931&gclid=CN-24sqenbsCFUsV7Aodzy8Aog

https://www.google.com/search?q=whe...j8&sourceid=chrome&espv=210&es_sm=93&ie=UTF-8

Terry

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back