Slick type and front runner suggestions

Marble

forum member
Reaction score
I've done searching here and haven't gotten the answers I'm looking for.

I need to get some slicks for track use only. They will going on a 15x10 Weld. Mickey Thompson's website says the stiff sidewalls are for heavy vehicles or high horse power vehicles. I qualify as being heavy, but I don't think I'm crazy high on the horsepower.

I plan on getting them in 28x10.5-15.

Tubes...are they needed? Is just to keep the air in? Or does it help with stability and what not.

For the front runners I have the Weld 17x4.5 front runners. I found a few that will fit but was wondering what everyone else's experiences is and if the fronts really do make a difference one way or another.

The car is an 06' with 4.10s, 4R70w at ~600rwhp.

Speedboosted

Found missing cylinders
Reaction score
Tubes arent necessary with a stiff wall slick. I have heard that front runners make a noticeable difference but no firsthand knowledge. I did pick up a set of front runners over the winter so I will be finding out shortly.

pics06gtstang

forum member
Reaction score
if you not a big HP car you wont need slicks IMO ,
i suggest MT 28x6-17 Sportsman S/R Front runners and a set of
275/60/R15 MT Drag Radials . I run tubeless .

dv8uagain

Worthless
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
MT 28x6-17 Sportsman S/R I run these on the front as well. Rear is a 295/55/15 M/T drag radial on a 15x10. No problems or complaints at all. Both come in at about 28 inches tall and ride nice on the street as well.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back